Do guys need to do exfoliation? My face skin is greasy and my sister told me to exfoliate my face time after time. I am shaving regularly, so often skin is irritated after. Sometimes I have acne there after shaving. Anyway, I don’t know what to do. I though that guys do not need to do that stuff. I am 20 years old.

Exfoliation is the process of scrubbing off dead skin cells to reveal and expose "younger," fresher skin and this process unclogs pores, keeps skin clean and helps reduce acne breakouts. Exfoliation is usually the first step in cleaning your face. Many men wash exclusively with plain old, hotel-grade soap. It's certainly enough to keep you clean, but it's not the best bet to keep your skin healthy, its ingredients sometimes clogging pores and leading to rougher skin in the long run. Exfoliation also specifically helps men in a way: exposes the face's hair follicles, allowing for a better shave. Men have hair all over, and hair traps oil, dirt and grime, so there are three major areas in need of regular exfoliation: face, back and chest.