I had this when I turned 28, 1 year after having my last child. Each period starred two days before with awful stomach upset in the evenings, followed by the shakes, low blood pressure, chills, curling up in feral positions with extreme stomach pain, ending with via and explosive diarrah! Hours I would be in a fetal ball with intense stomach pain and nothing would help. I knew it wasn't in my head because the intense pain would cause me to tremble and get cold and break out in a clammy sweat. I was physically fit, I had normal periods, I went up mu dr and they said it might be endometriosis but no way to know for sure without a vaginal examination of my uterus. . I actually fixed the problem myself and here's how. I went into an ultra clean diet especially before my periods! I cut out all goods with fats and carbs one week before my period, especially fats and dairy! I lost weight and the periods intense curly went away. I don't know what medically happened but I think the lifestyle change "reset" my hormones and my body fought off the endmitriosis all by itself. I still get cramps the. Ight before my period but nothing intense. Good luck!

Hi, im 22 and i live in the US. My periods have never been very bad, always a little heavy, but never any bad cramping or nausea or anything like it. This period has been miserable! The end of day one/ beginning of day two i started feeling really nauseated, im shaky, have a head ache, and im curled up in a ball on the couch. I couldnt even go to work this morning. Im a little freaked out and worried. Any suggestions? 

I'm 47 and my last 3 periods have been similar. No throwing up though. But fever, chills. Feels like I need to go #2 too but can't. I've kept adominal pains & other aches at bay by taking 800mg of ibuprophen every 10 hours. I also have diverticulitus too so i'm wondering if the swelling of the pelvic region because of mentration is causing all the excess symptons. Did you ever find anything out from your doctors? I see your post was over a year ago.

Hi Carlos you should get your gf to see a dr for some scans etc.. I had the same problems going on as ur gf it was horrible, I was frightened every month as the pains were unbearable.. I began eating better n making sure to go to bed early n exercise & the pains just didn't return the next month.. I also had scans done with came back with nothing.. They say endometriosis can come n go ( that's what I think I had) & it can affect fertility which was my main concern. Hope your gf gets better :)

Hi, i am sorry to hear that you have so many problems. for th epast two periods i had chills, fever, aches and pains. this was just few days before my period arrived. during the fever and pains i hardly could get up off the bed, the last time my temperature reached to 38.5, was taking day night nurse. the whole thing started on Friday and on Sunday morning i finally was feeling almost well, at least had no fever anymore. i am 31 year old and i am a bit worried now.

About nine months i had given my blood and had some pelvic scan ( because i had the chills and fever for the whole weekend and then i was ok again), but the test and scan turned out being good, but i have to say that shortly after fever i had my wisdom tooth started growing so i thought it could be the reason for that so as long as i had my tests and scan results positive i stopped worrying.

Could you please tell me what scan did you go for? Maybe i should go to my gp and ask to send me for different scan?

Hope you feel a lot better now

LondonGirl2009 you're not alone! I'm experiencing right now all your symptoms, and have had them for a very long time...is all about HORMONES!!! Even if you work out more than needed in one month, you can get hormones reaction. I'm 44 and dealt from very begining w/ excruciating pain. After getting into my 30s, the PMS slowly got into the picture. Get used with it, think positive, and check your thyroid from time to time. Hang in there!

Hi my name is Kiana and i feel really happy that there are other people who have the same symptoms as me.  I wish i could go to the doctor and see if i have endemetriosis but my mom won't take me.  But i am just so happy to hear that people are going through the same things i am going through.

Thank God for this forum! I'm 26 and I never suffered of any kind of ain during my periods, maybe a normal abdominal uncomfortable sensation on the second day but nothing that Panadol wouldn't help.

Yesterday on my way to uni, I had the most horrible pain on the first day of my period, I felt like someone stabbed me on my lower belly. It was so hard even to try to move. I went back home and I rested, an hour later I started having fever and I felt asleep.

Now I 'm reading about your experiences girls and definitely I'm going to seek medical help.

Thank you for all your suggestions :)

that is happening to me too. I have mine every three month and feel like I have the mumps where everything hurts, fever of 102.5 and sore throat...never sick otherwise..only on my periods.

I'm sitting here knowing the next two to three days are going to be hideous with this. I'm sure I have endometriosis, and I had bad cysts as early as 22 or so. I'm 42 now. I wasn't aware that others got the fever part, too! I'm insisting on a specialist who can do the proper surgery. I can't do this every month! The pills used for endo worked for me (do try them!), but I have been off them for about a year. I want the surgery and to just fix this for good. Don't let doctors put you on the pills for too long, ladies. I should have insisted on the surgery years and years ago :( Stupid disease that takes forever to get help for.

Well, wish me luck! I got a tattoo right one a bone, and that hurts less than the endo and goes away much faster! That kind of pain is not normal, so don't let anyone convince you that you are 'just having cramps'.

I truly feel sorrow and compassion for you, seems that Drs in the united states are just as ignorant if not more than ones in the UK! I've had many health issue just like yours with no help. Hang in there! Sometimes they go away by themselves, and I hope that to be the case with you!

Hi Tania- I may be a little late to this reply, but I had severe pain in my 20s and found out that coffee brought on cramps. I stopped drinking coffee for about 10 years (the occasional cup of decaf) and my pain and symptoms went away. Everyone is different, but coffee is a red flag for lots of people.

Thank you very much for disclosing that information. I am glad to know I am not alone with experiencing fever symptoms while starting my menstrual. However I started those symptoms a week before my period began. I asked around and other woman experience some kind of sickness before and during the cycle. This is my first time experiencing fever symptoms for menstrual related reasons.

I went to the emergency room scared out of my mind with a low grade consistent fever of 100.6 Fahrenheit and the doctors could not find anything wrong. They tested me for every virus/ infection known to mankind by using blood samples, urine samples, and swabs. Still they could find nothing so I was sent home with a prescription for dizziness and told to see my own physician or come back if problem persists. I too will be seeing a specialist if my physician cannot diagnose me further. Could also be stress related as well idk.

omg. I thought i was the only one. how are your menstrual cycles now?

Hi, im a 44yr old who also suffers with a problem like this, temp from start to 3rd-4th day of 39+ severe headache, sickness, joint pain, lethargic, very low blood pressure,british white on both sides, no mediteranean on either side. also get high temp on and off thru a mnth with no known cause...just get told its normal...doesn't feel normal, goes thru stages, some months go ok, then i get a bad few months, more frequently the older im getting.