My boyfriend's fingerprints have been peeling for as long as he can remember. It looks like skin that peels after it's sunburned. He says it doesn't cause him any pain at all. When this happens, he also gets little red bumps under the skin on both palms of his hands. This doesn't cause him pain either. Anybody else experience something like this or possibly know what it could be?

Yeah! i have the exact same thing. Not all the time though. It kinda comes in phases. And the red dots on my palms comes and goes.

But still. No idea what it could be.

Thanks

My son has the same problem....the palms of his hands and fingers go through periods of intense peeling of skin. We've recently discovered that we have been living in a home that has numerous types of toxic molds growing in the walls and carpet. I'm starting to wonder if this is yet another symptom of that. Anyone else have any kind of exposure to molds?

Hi. I have had this since I was about 8 years old, I am 36 now. Its actually called Dyshidrotic eczema. My hands usually peel in the winter, plus or minus a few months. I also have very clammy hands which may or may not be a cause. I think the only year that I did not get this I was in South Korea for the Army so maybe it has to do with environment. I think its also triggered by lack of sleep, stress, excessive sugar, caffeine, etc. I have never, ever been able to find anything that helps. Usually, what I do is I try to peel all the skin off as soon as possible and it heals faster and goes away. I have tried wearing those special gloves, and have tried a few different creams both rx and over the counter. Good luck.