Hi I'm 17 years old and I just recently learned that you had to pull it back whenever you shower, pee, or having intercourse. I as a child never knew of this but I knew something was not right because in class the boys were having a discussion and they said they pull there's back to pee and when they have a erection it automatically goes back. I started panicking cause I don't know what to do I lived 17 years liked this! How am i suppose pull it back for the first time? Will it hurt? I will appreciate any advice and tips on helping, I've been in panic for the last 3 days

Hi Bad,

Yes, it should come back and usually by about 16 or so.

Use your fingers to spread the opening OR get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so that the head spreads the opening.  You WILL find your gland (head) to be VERY sensitive and this is NORMAL.  It has been protected for your entire life by the foreskin.  As it it exposed more it will become less sensitive.

You may find it more comfortable to do this in the shower as the water can help loosen the skin.  The more often that you do this, the sooner you'll be able to pull it back.  Never force it back.

Make sure to clean smegma out from under your foreskin too.

Don't panic about any of this.  MANY young men do not know this should happen because nobody talks about it.

Good luck.