Hi Guys,

I have excessive foreskin. I can retract my foreskin while its flaccid but this takes some serious work and when it does retract i find the head of my penis extremly sensitive. During an erection the foreskin will not retract at all and it is very painful to attempt to retract the foreskin. What should i do? I am not sure about being circumsised as i am 20 and i am in great fear of having intercourse if something goes wrong. What are the alternatives? Has anyone had an adult circumsision?

Thanks

I am 19 years old and recently preformed an adult circumsision, but not the ritual kind, the doctor removed only what was medically necessary. I had the same problem with skin retraction that you mentioned, the skin was just too tight, and after some research i realised that i had 4 options:

(1) was toughing it out and having painfull intercourses all my life (not a good option).
(2) Was streching the foreskin daily using either lotions/oils or perscribed ointment. I gave this up pretty fast since this was not only uncomfortable but has a relativly low sucsess rate (from what i heard), I suggest giving this a try for a while after consulting a doctor, maby you can get away with some simple streching, unlike me.
(3) Was preforming a "Dorsal Split". A dorsal split is a procedure where the foreskin on the end of the penis is surgically cut to widen, and therefore loosen, the foreskin. After consulting a doctor and doing some research i found out that cosmetically, this was not the best option. People having done this procedure describe the penis as looking unatractive given the loose skin, then again circumsision isnt a thing of beauty in many places of the world either. Doral split or circumsission is what it usually comes down to i think. Many people have preformed a circumsission and wished they had gone with the dorsal split, so think it over carefully.
(4) was preforming a circumsision which i did. The procedure was not painfull since its done under local anestethics, the whole procedure took about 20 minutes. I am soon at the end of my first week of recovery. Honestly the procedure has left me kind of crippled, the glans (head of the penis) being out in the sun for the first time ever was hypersensitive to an extreme point. The pain after the surgery was practically non-existant it was more uncomfortable then painfull. A week into recovery a trip to the bathroom still can take up to 20 minutes, which will involve urinating or taking a sh*t then gently washing the penis since urine can irritate the wound, after this i apply an vaseline based ointment to help prevent infections then carefully apply bandages (that dont stick to wounds, called myolin or sumtin like that), then i hold it all in place with elastic underwear. The worst part of the recovery is during the nighttime. It is said that all men think about is sex, which is probably true given my recent experiences. Men gain an "semi-erection" several times a night which after a circumsission is a pretty annoying thing. The stitches will be pulled at and you will wake up unless you are on some serious painkillers (which are not necessary really, any over the counter painkiller will do just fine in my experience, the whole process is more uncomfortable than painfull). I wake up at an average of 5-6 times a night where i position myself to an as comfortable position as possible till the semi-erection goes away. Then its back to sleep for another hour till the process is repeated. Apperently this will end anfter the stitches fall out (The procedure uses a selfabsorbing thread so no physical removing of the stitches is required, yay ... finally some good news). The stitches is said take a week to fall out on their own. In my case at the moment the glans sensitivity has gone down alot and i don't feel uncomfortable anymore moving around while bandaged. I am experiencing alot of swelling of the remaining foreskin that was left (i only removed what was medically necessary), its like a tire around my glans (dont know how better to explain it). After Seeing my doctor he said that the swelling is normal and gave me the ointment i wrote about above. The wound seems to be healing fine and i find pieces of the woundcrust in my bandages every day which is a good sign, even though the nightime erections slightly open the wound every night. Hopefully the swelling will go down and the erections will stop hurting. As for sexual intercourse many have had different experiences you can find them easily online. I probably wont even attempt masturbation for atleast a couple of weeks to a month. Right now im in the process of the stitches falling out, this itches alot, and scratching is not an option. Overall I think that the procedure was the right choice for me. I've gotten used to the new look of my penis and after the swellin subsides and the soreness subsides i think i will be happy with the results. Its obviously better to be uncomfortable for some weeks then during every sexual experience for the rest of your life. Being raised by my mother and having 2 sisters, not much came up about proper penis functionallty and care during our conversations. I am just glad i noticed that something was wrong now and not when I reached my sexual peak. So whatever you do i hope you do it soon and that it works out for you. I hope my reply helped, and your welcome to ask me any questions in the thread. Good luck and goodbye.

i have a problem whereby when i get an erection my foreskin doesnt retract fully, i can pull it back over the head of the penis, but it just rolls back over. This as you can imagine causes problems during sex and when wearing a condom, theres no problem with the foreskin being too tight, just keeps going back up over the head.

Man *always* have an erection when they are dreaming.

No matter what (or who) the subject of the dream is.

Same exact thing was happening to me, and I got circumcised. The procedure wasn't painful, and the aftercare wasn't painful either, just uncomfortable. But I'm used to having sex every day with my girlfriend, and I'm currently also at the end of the first week of recovery. But after being used to having sex every day, I couldn't manage a whole week without any kind of stimulation, so I attempted masturbation. It didn't work twice, but I finally managed it the third time and it was so worth it. However I'm not gonna do it again till I'm fully healed. Also, I haven't had any trouble sleeping through the night, but then again I'm a very heavy sleeper. However, I have gotten erections and although they were painful the first two or three days, they don't hurt at all anymore. I'm actually pretty glad I got circumcised and I can't wait to use my brand new penis on my girlfriend once I'm fully healed.