Hey everyone, I am in a bit of a fix..

I was having sex last night and my foreskin was pushed all the way back, definitely not gradually. I thiink that the tightest part of my foreskin is behind my head and I think it is to tight to come back over it. However, there is foreskin that is over it now, almost like it rolled over the tightest part. It almost feels suffocating on my penis (as if there were something tied around it).

I could be wrong and it just may be sore, but it is painful. This has happened before, 4 years ago when I was 18 (I am 21 now). I completely forgot i got it to come back over the head. My foreskin is long enough that it covers my whole head and forms a point about 2mm long on the top. I have no clue what to do, i just know I am in pain. Any recommendations of creams, or lubricants that will ease my pain?

What kind of doctor should I see just in case I need to go to him/her?

Thank you so much. :$

It's so uncomfortable to even sit down or let the head of my penis touch the cloth of my boxers. I mean, it is so sensitive and there is a constant burning sensation. This is so bothersome, I really need some help please!

Hey dude,

Most common causes of painful intercourse in men is a condition called phimosis. This condition is when the foreskin is too tight to be completely pushed back over the head of the penis. Most of uncircumcised men cannot have their foreskin fully retracted because of natural, connective tissue between the foreskin and penis head. This should be resolved in early childhood by stretching the foreskin.

Now you're 21, and if you feel the pain I'd suggest you either to use creams or steroids to provide extra lubrication and relieve inflammation or, my recommendation, to make an appt. with an urologist which can decide to put you on a lubrication treatment or circumcision (the surgical removal of the foreskin).

Don't be embarrassed to talk about this problem, the urologist deals with such problems daily so you can talk to him very openly!

Good luck!

I want to thank you very much for all of your help. My urologist did recommend the topical cream for me, and I applied it around my foreskin and penis. I retracted all my skin back and then a swollen ring was around my whole penis. Then what I did was I applied pressure on the head and rolled the skin forward and the skin collapsed (not the best choice of words) in side just like it was supposed to.

Will this definitely ease the swelling becuase it is no longer stressed/stretched? and if so, how long will it take?

Difficulty in retracting, due to tightness, is phimosis. Difficulty in UNretracting is paraphimosis. The phimotic ring at the tip of the foreskin is choking the penis when retracted. Stretching may or may not ever cure that. Circumcision may be required.
However, if you can stretch the opening at the end wide enough to make retraction easier, and to prevent choking when retracted, you will hopefully be able to keep it retracted longer so that you gradually lose the hypersensitivity that makes cleaning and sex unbearable.
My brother and cousin and me have been permanently retracted since around puberty, and no longer have any of the problems associated with the foreskin, but all the benefits of circumcision.

hi there Charles II!

I'm a girl and I 've been going through the male forum trying to understand these things with foreskins, glans, retractnig, unretracting, phimosis, paraphimosis....and I somehow don't seem to understand the benefits of a circumcised penis and you seem to be so glad about it, so I wanted to ask you to explain more to me, if you have time and desire ofcourse. And I don't think med. circum cos of phimosis. Cos I kind of like when the foreskin goes all over the glans and back and then again and again!!! Thank you for your time!!!

aperionvi wrote:

1. The condition you describe is known as paraphimosis. It is serious enough to require treatment. One of the hydrocortisone creams used to treat this is Betamethsone 1%, applied to the outside of the foreskin after loosening the skin in a hot bath. Sometimes the cream fixes the problem for good, other times requires constant application or else results do not last. I you do not get llasting relief after a reasonable time, consider circumcision.
2. The hypersensitivity of the penis head that you dscribe is a separate issue not part of paraphimosis, although the first condition has certainly promoted the second. More frequent exposure of the penis head will definitely fix that problem in a reasonable time. In fact, you may eventually come to prefer the sensation of the constantly exposed penis head. Many do. Good luck.

Hi Simone. Sorry I didn't see your question until now. The debate over circumcision is old and heated, reaching feverish and emotional (and often illogical) proportions. I have no intention of persuading anybody either way, as it often comes down to personal preference, and you deserve to have that for yourself and with your partner, without having to justify. Whatever you need or want or prefer in your partner is what you should seek, and your partner should accept that and either cooperate or move on. You and he may or may not be compatible on this issue.
For me, it's about being clean and healthy, not harboring offesnive or even dangerous odors or substances. STDs can be serious, and some may be incurable, even lethal. I like to be ready for impromptu sex, clean and fun, and have maximum staying power. Just my preference, but it doesn't make yours invalid. Enjoy it any way you can and want.

Hi Guest,

Well first off I agree with some of the things you say, 'The debate over circumcision is old and heated, reaching feverish and emotional (and often illogical) proportions. I have no intention of persuading anybody either way, as it often comes down to personal preference', and 'STDs can be serious, and some may be incurable, even lethal'.

However, suggesting that circumcision is the only means to 'being clean and healthy, not harboring offesnive or even dangerous odors or substances' is pure misinformation, I am uncircumcised, I have no particular emotional attachment to my foreskin, except that that's how nature made us, and without a damned good reason, thats how I like to stay.
I have had problems with Phimosis (tightening of the foreskin) which became bad enough to cause splitting and scarring, this has been addressed with better hygiene, stretching, and use of moisturizing creams (non-scented).

Having a foreskin does NOT preclude washing. Nobody who washes at least once a day, should suffer with odours or substances (I have yet to encounter a 'dangerous odour' from a penis, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this.) Personally it's my habit to wash after every time I take a leak. Lastly, my lady who is Jewish, loves my foreskin, she finds it very sexy, which is good for us both ;-)

I'm not saying that circumcision should never be performed, whoever I would suggest that anyone with problems considers other forms of treatment first, don't be pushed into surgery unneccessarily..

Alright well last night i hate to admit it but i was masterbating and now this morning i have a swollen ring around my penis and you can see my whole tip. What should i do?
thanks.

hey everyone,

i'm not sure if this forum is still active... but i just have had a lot of experience with a tight foreskin and being uncircumcised. if you are uncircumcised, and you were never taught to pull your foreskin back all the way, don't be surprised if the head of your penis is extremely sensitive the first time you try it. if you've never tried pulling your foreskin back all the way, try it now! it will hurt...i know it will...but you really need to work through the pain. the first couple times it may seem impossible to get it all the way back, but you must do this. don't worry about the foreskin tearing or breaking in any way, your body was built for this. i tried stretching excercises for a long long time, but never made much progress since i was always too hesitant to realllllly pull back and make contact with the head of my penis. things started getting 20000% better for me when i started having sex. it hurt like hell at first, but after doing it a couple more times, my penis head is wayyyyy less sensitive, and my skin pulls back so easily!
if you have any specific questions or concerns, reply to this post... i'll try checking back later. good luck!!

Charles II wrote:

aperionvi wrote:

...I retracted all my skin back and then a swollen ring was around my whole penis. Then what I did was I applied pressure on the head and rolled the skin forward and the skin collapsed...just like it was supposed to.
Will this definitely ease the swelling becuase it is no longer tressed/stretched? and if so, how long will it take?

DEAR CHARLES II
i cannot thank you enough for the information that i just read. i thought i would definately need circumcism but i now know about "stretching" i am going to try "stretching" for a month or two and see if there is any difference if there is i will kepp "stretching" but if no change i will go to my GP. thank you sooo much i am so relieved that i have some idea of getting rid of this problem without loosing my foreskin, but i do know that this may not work but thanks

This should be resolved in early childhood by stretching the foreskin.

....

Naturally or physically? :mellow:

wondering wrote:

Charles II wrote:

aperionvi wrote:

DEAR CHARLES II

Yeah you can try that, I had the same problem where the whole foreskin swelled up, but i dint use stretching cos it hurt too much but i used Hydrocortisone cream, worked a treat :-)

If you don't want to just leave it like that, you should do the following, with the penis completely flaccid. Pinch the penis head so as to make it as small as possible, while using the other hand to draw the retracted foreskin forward over it, to the unretracted position.

If the phimotic ring of the retracted foreskin is tight enough to squeeze the penis uncomfortably, or cut off any blood flow or circulation, you should not leave it retracted for a long period, but should seek measures to stretch the opening wider so that it is not so tight. This could take time and effort, and use of a corticosteroid cream applied to the outside of the ring area after soaking in a hot bath. Effort may or may not be successful. If not, within reasonable time, consider circumcision.

If successful, leaving the foreskin retracted for longer periods will naturally stretch the opening wider, so that it becomes comfortable. It will also help end hypersensitivity of the penis head. Eventually, it may become even preferable. Some of us are permanently retracted, prefer it, and enjoy all the benefits of actual circumcision. Good luck.