Hi

Anyone else with quite light blonde eyelashes here? If you are here I am looking for you!

I am wondering if there is a way to darken blonde eyelashes at home. I am looking for a natural non irritating product that is easy to apply and will give a lasting result like two weeks perhaps. Is there any such product out there. Advice for long lasting mascara that does not create a thick clumpy look is also welcome. As it is my mascara always ends up not looking very natural and I do not like that look. 

Thank you for any advice you have! 

Hey,

Some people seriously use activated charcoal, you know, the stuff you use for your stomach, to color their eyelashes. Henna is another thing some people use. I sometimes have my eyelashes dyed, but after it came to my attention that these dyes can cause blindness if you get it in your eyes, I too am looking for a more natural and safer option. I will probably wind up trying both. Meanwhile, perhaps other people have different tips that we could both try out.

Hi!

I wouldn't discount mascara as an option just yet! You may find that you have simply been applying it wrong. I am a redhead myself and I've gone through my fair share of horrible mascara mistakes! Your best bet is to pick a mascara with SHORT BRISTLES. These will allow you to apply the mascara close to the base of the lid, which means you do not have any interruptions that make you look weird. I find black mascara actually looks like best on me, even though many people will advise redheads to go for brown shades instead.

So, you want to get the mascara brush real close to your lids. Wiggle it around in that area. It's not the mascara at the very end of your lashes that makes them look longer and darker, but mainly the mascara you actually apply to the base. If you wiggle the brush around, you will move the lashes apart as you go along, which is something that prevents that horrible clumping together of lashes! Another tip is to apply mascara to the TOP of your lashes as well, meaning you close one eye and just run the brush gently on the top as well.

Hope that helps you!!!

Thanks people

This has given me some inspiration!

I do appreciate the comments about the mascara and I will try them out, but I am also very interested in the henna and charcoal treatments. If I am right, I'm assuming that charcoal is just a "daily" treatment and that you wash it off after a day, but henna lasts much longer? I am wondering if either of these ingredients have the potential to irritate the eyes? Because I do not want that.

About the mascara, can you perhaps recommend a specific product or a specific brand that I should be getting? That would be great.

Again, thank you! And also, happy to hear more tips!

Maaaan... Just posted a whole long post and lost it (nothing to do with the system here, just pressed the wrong button).

Anyways, I was going to say something like, are you really quite sure you want to do this? Aside from the fact that stuff can cause allergic reactions near your eyes, even natural stuff, yeah, there's also that you just might hate the look you end up with, know what I mean? I'm dark haired, yeah, and I got it in my head that I wanted to be blond when I was a teen. It looked downright dreadful. I ain't never doing that again, I swear. If you're like really blonde, yeah, you may look weird. 

About the mascara, well, let's be honest for a sec and admit that we all keep makeup too long. Think back, yeah, really think back, and tell me... is it that you ever bought a mascara and it was clumpy the first time you used it? 'Cause I have a feeling the answer's gonna be no. Clumpiness comes with time, sooner for some brands than others. If I'm honest I sometimes get travel sizes mascaras (they're real by Benefit!!!) just 'cause I know it will def run out before I'll need to throw it away. If you replace your mascaras on time you're much less likely to run into clumping.

Eyelash tinting is the perfect solution for you — with these very safe pigments, you can attain a look that mimics mascara but that lasts for weeks at a time! Do not make the mistake of thinking you can do this at home, however, because you are, after all, working with chemicals, not to mention that the products reputable salons have are simply better, and you do not want to run the risk of damaging your eyes. Eyelash tinting done at a reputable salon is quick, inexpensive and very safe. You are sure to achieve beautiful results that you are happy with also, which you can simply not be sure of if you attempt to do this yourself.

I bought a kit to dye my own eyelashes at a cosmetics store near where I live, and it is working out very nicely for me. Of course you do have to be careful that you do not get it in your eyes and that you apply it exactly where you want it and nowhere else, but other than that it is really easy to use and I came out looking great. With all the salon dyes I had, never a reaction to one of them, I am sure I am not allergic to any commercially sold dyes. This is something you could look into as well, if you are good at drawing your eyebrows on with makeup, you will be good with the dye as well.