My natural hair colour is a dark brown. I have dyed it black a couple of times. A few months ago i dyed my hair purple however the top turned out purple but the bottom went black. I would like to dye my hair blonde. My hair is now black purple and brown. Can i dye my hair blonde and will it come out blonde once ive done it

Please help :)

Hi Charlotte, Is your hair still in good condition with the dye that is already on it? If it is dry I would recommend letting it grow out a bit and getting it in good condition before applying what will be a bleach to get your hair blonde. What you can do is to snip a small piece of hair of from underneath where you won't notice it and put the blonde bleach on it and see how the colour looks .

Hi Charlotte,

If you have 3 different colors in your hair now, the blond that you put on will be all different shades. I know you probably don't want to run around the rest of the summer with tie dyed hair either. If you can afford it, you really should have it done by a professional, trust me. My hair is sort of a chestnut mixed with red by nature. I wanted to be blond so i went out and bought an over the counter product, what a fiasco. My naturally red highlights turned orange and the walnut turned sort of a pukey brownish washed out looking strawberry color. I looked like freakin Ronald McDonald. I bit the bullet and had it done by a pro, it only cost me 70.00 because she did one color and threw a few foils in for good measure. I love it and have remained this shade for a long time.

When you buy over the counter color you run the risk of burning your hair. Some of the chemicals in store bought c**p is dangerous and bad for the environment. I always though color is color, but i was so so wrong. My salonist gave me a crash course on this stuff and now i will never buy another boxed color. If she/he is a good colorist, they will stand by whatever they do to your hair, insuring you that if you don't like it they will fix it, free. Or not even charge you at all if you are that unhappy.

I've had it like.that before ad no I don think it will turn out blonde

If you are going to do this than definitely don't try to do this by yourself because it will not work out - you can go only about 2-3 shades lighter by using store-bought hair-dye and even than it requires peroxide, bleaches and things you really don't wan't to mess around with, as rose and bbfeet already said. But I totally get why you want to do it (I've changed all possible options, from black, red to blonde and back to red :D). The black is what is going to make a problem - it will either take time for it to wash out and for your hair to grow more, or you can trim it a bit and choose some brunette-is color until your hair recovers a bit.

I'd really get it done at a salon, just because something could go wrong with all three colors in your hair. But if you can't, get lighter gradually with bleach/hair dye. The first time you dye it, leave the dye in the darkest parts longer than the lighter parts. Dye it box by box but not all at once. I made that mistake, & my hair was REALLY dry & unhealthy.

You'd definitely need to bleach it first. I'd get this professionally done.

I had my hair like, a maroon-ish color, and i tryed dyeing it blonde, and it turned orange. If you want it to be blonde, your gonna probably have to die it bonde, every month, till its the ight color and not orange or something. I use to die my hair every month. my hair is just fine. And it was unprofessional every time.