Does anyone have before and after pictures of the hammertoe surgery? I am posting before and intra-op photos. I still have the pins in and am scheduled to have them removed this week. I was just wondering if it's common to have scabs on the incisions and if anyone used scar treatment creams or kits to minimize scarring. I hope these pics will help anyone who wanted to know what it looks like. Also please excuse my ashy dry feet, I still can't wash them, however I was careful to get a manicure right before surgery.

Hi. I had Hammertoe Surgery 2.5 weeks ago. It's been a really good recovery. So far it's been minimum swelling. the first week was a bit painful, but i have improved significantly everyday since. I'm a bit attentive to the incision healing process though.

******

**edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed**

When did you have our procedure done, and on how many toes? I just had mine done on Jan 9th and am recovering well. Yes, the first week was a bit uncomfortable, but the dr. said they are doing really good. I will not have the pins removed for 3 more weeks. Hoping walking will be much easier by then!! Do you have pics of the before and after?

hi. I had my surgery in August. since then I've seen significant improvement.

**edited by moderator**

Also, I only had surgery on three toes. i was trying to post a link but i wasn't doing it right i guess post ur email and I will send pics.

aj

Hi Happy Feet,

It looks like the modertator of the site is removing your pics that you are posting. It's too bad, because I am really curious to see them.

This link should not have been deleted since it is purely informational, and is NOT commercial in any way. I viewed the link, and I see it as being perfectly fine to post. It was probably deleted by mistake. Here it is once again:

http://www.msu.edu/~barneyau/hammertoe/

I hope this helps.

Im having the hammer toe surgery in about a month. Second and third toes on both feet. The before and after pics were very helpful. Thanks for posting them. I pray my surgery is as successful as yours was.

Hey, I was wondering who did your surgery, I need to find a surgeon who is good with african american skin and your toes look GREAT!! I have one mallet toe on the second toe of my right foot and it has a big white callus on it like yours did that wont seem to go away. I really need a good surgeon because sometimes when i look at my toe i start crying, it just happened a few months ago from me wearing these too small flats that were hurting my feet, now im terrified to show my toes in a nail shop. If you can give me advice i would greatly appreciate on a good surgeon.

@ wondergirl11244 I live in chicago i had surgery in february and i Love my toes now. didn't have any screws or pins, so if you live in chicago check out keys for toes