I had my wisdom tooth pulled out a few days ago, and ever since the tooth is gone, I have a terrible headache on one side of the brain. It's the same side of the brain where the tooth was pulled out, the left side. What does this mean? Do I need to get back to my dentist or is this normal? I have never had a wisdom tooth out before, so I'm not sure what to think about this?

Hi! I read your story. My husband is 33 year old, he eats healthy and works out daily. He has never had any major health problems whatsoever. He had one of his upper wisdom teeth removed a few months ago, on the strong recommendation of his dentist. It was a simple extraction and went fine, but he has had headaches almost daily every since. They vary with intensity, and there were two days when he had to take off work. He likes his dentist and respects him as well. When he asked him about the headaches a week or so after the procedure, he assured him that it was not related and suggested a possible sinus infection. We had several friends tell us that they suspected a sinus infection as well, and so he took over the counter prescriptions for several weeks, which moderated the pain. He still has headaches that vary in intensity and length, and usually just take ibuprofen, which seems to alleviate the majority - but not all - of the pain. I know our story won't help you much, but if you find out anything about this please let me know.