my dad was diganosed with a hiatel hernia years ago, now he is having severe, dull pain in his right flank, chest and abdomen. i was wondering if this could be the problem, he has been to the doctor who knows how many times and they have done ultrasound after ultrasound and can find nothing! I wonder what it could be? OCuld it be his gull bladder, and if so how do we get the doctor to check it????