I had a partial hysterectomy on 2010 at age 49. I have been amazing until about 2 yrs ago turning 55. I gained more weight and the hot flashes started to come and go. Now I am always feeling as if I just broke a fever. Sweating, clamy, light headed. And when I am working I am worse. ( I have a fairly physical job). I have not taken any hormone replacement but recently purchased Progest to try.
Two things ... maybe 3 are a factor here. I have gained weight and I have OA in my knees that has caused me to reduce a lot of sports activity. Hence the weight gain I am sure. Then, to get graphic ladies..... my husband is 7 yrs older than I, has semi retired and lost most desire in physical intimacy. I realized this correlated with my symptoms to a degree.
I am going to inquire with my doctor. But from other articles and books I have read, well.... the saying “use it, to lose it.” I think applies. I am now thinking that because my spouse and I are not physically at the same stage in life, I am feeling a loss. And just as the ovaries are slowly atrophying... I am not keeping other hormones generating thru physical intimacy.
Hope we get some answers. Mentally I feel young and want to do so many things but my body is keeping me from it, and I am not sick, or injured.... just hormonal!

I had a full hysterectomy in 1996. It’s 2018 and I still have hot flashes. Not every day and most before or while I’m falling asleep

I had Hysterectomy 7 years ago as of today I have no energy and I'm always weak I've tried multiple vitamins and iron pills nothing seems to help I had a partial hysterectomy so I still have my ovaries is there anyone out there that's having the same problems I'm 53 years old with no energy help

I cannot believe I have found these posts with so many women complaining of hot flashes, the sweating (I wake up SOAKED at night) and irritability even though they have had hysterectomies years earlier. I had a hysterectomy 19 years ago, went through kind of an early menopause and was on hormones for 8 years, went off hormones and was fine, and now from age 49 now 51 I have had HORRIBLE sweating and stomach symptoms. I just tell people I am going through menopause, but I know I already did, so what is going on????? I have had my thyroid checked, heart checked, and all my bloodwork is normal? I don't understand and I am seriously going crazy because I am SO embarrassed - I look like a drug addict coming down when I am sweating, it is so awful...and my stomach hurts so bad and cramps up every day. I wish I could get some help....

How is your friend now? I just started this all about 2 mo.'s ago and had a full hysterectomy over 10 years ago. There are other conditions that can cause the flush and night sweats such as carcinoid tumors or IBS but I never had night sweats in the first place. I finally threw out my HRT becuase 1. Too expensive and 2. Didn't seem to matter if I took them or forgot them for a week I have never had a sweat unless running or working out or in the hot humid heat & sun! Makes me mad there is so little research on quality of life of woman in general oh then get older and your sunk. Let me know how it went for your friend... thanks Lisa

I now this is a year old post but it is not the pharmacist that changes medications to generic, it is the manufacture and your insurance. You insurance plays a huge part in what they will cover and if they can get the generic with less cost to them then they approve generic. I used to work at OB/GYN I had to do a lot of Prior Authorizations to get name brand approved due to the symptoms almost exactly to what you have experienced. Your right its not fair to the patient to suffer, its just unfortunate that insurance companies and manufactures tell doctors how to practice medicine instead of the other way around.

I, too, had my hysterectomy and ovaries removed when I was 38. I was on hrt for about 12 years and took myself off. I'll be 60 next month and the past 3 months, I've been having extreme hot flashes and night sweats. No new meds. It's driving me crazy. I thought I had heart valve issues or something but finding this site, and knowing I'm not alone, is a blessing. I guess we have to just endure to the end. UGH

Still having hot flashes 20 years later. I was 47 years old and had a total hysterectomy. I am 71 now. I can not take hormone therapy and no seems to have a correct answer.

Im trying to find the same answer..only mine seem to have reappeared after almost 20 years.but they feel a little different then they used to and i sweat as well..super sucks

I am so glad to read these post. I had a hysterectomy 32 years ago at age 35. I had one ovary removed, never took hormones. I still have hot flashes at 67 and was talking to someone about tis last week and she said oh it could not be hot flashes , you had a hysterectomy! I thought well, I did but I still have them.

New Member
1 post

Hi. The exact same thing happened to me I had a hysterectomy 15 years ago. Last year I was put on Lyrica like you I went through hell coming off it to the point I thought I was dying. I swear it has triggered a menopause my doctor looks at me as if I have gone mad it was bad enough her not believing how ill I was do to Lyrica withdrawal now she just thinks I am mad. Because all the tests came back normal and she does not believe me my partner is having doubts. This is an horrific situation. I hope you get better soon. Please let me know if you get any help and I will you. Big hugs Tracy. London U.K

Yes ma'am I had 1 28 years ago, I was 29, still have heat flashes