I had a total hysterectomy 20 years ago and went through menopause then and now having the symptoms again. The doctor told me it's due to my age and my body thinks it's time to go through it naturally again due to my age.

OMGosh, me, too!?!? I had mine in '99, so I thought it was over. The Dr. put me on some medication and after about 2 years it eased off. All of a sudden last year it started again?!?! I thought I must be crazy....LOL...Thanks for letting me know that I'm not!!!

it's all about money, tell the pharmacist you're allergic to something in the 'generic' brand and feign symptoms ..they'll quickly give you back your right medicine and I agree if this was for a man it wouldn't be happening!

I am 69 years old, post menapausel...had to have a complete hysterectomy in May this year due to stage one uterine cancer. All through menapause I did not have the typical hot flashes, but now that I have had the hysterectomy, I have been burning up, and almost manic. I was placed on Estradiol by my primary care physican, symptoms smoothed out, flashes not completely gone, but much better. I also had my thyroid checked to make sure it was not the cause of the flashes, results were normal. Now that my prescription is nearly gone my primary care will not refill...yet when I advised my gynocologist of my symptoms she said I should contact my primary care physican as she does not feel the hot flashes are a result o the hysterectomy, due to me being post menapausel. I am caught in a loop.

Men can get Viagra at any age and insurance always covers it.

I had a complete hysterectomy 24 years ago. I took hormones for 2 years and never experienced any menopause symptoms. I am 60 now and in the last 2 years I have been having night sweats and weight gain. I complained about the weight gain to my primary care physician and he said you can still have menopause after having a hysterectomy. I refuse to use hormones and he said work off the weight on my own. I don't get hot flashes or anything else I am just frustrated by the weight gain. YES IT CAN HAPPEN. SORRY

I am so happy to hear I am not alone. I had a total hysterectomy 19 years ago & immediately started on Vivelle Dot, HRT. I had no issues & felt great for years. Then I started having occular migrains, swelling in my feet & other vision disturbances. My gyn told me it was time to stop the HRT & see how it went. Not much of a problem at first but I have been off the HRT for 7 years & still have hot flashes, anxiety, weight gain, some insomnia & depression. It’s gotten old & I would love to be done. I tried a product callen Menoquil that works but it caintains soy & I can’t have that with my Hypothyroidism. Very frustrating.

I had hysterectomy 20 years ago this month and still get hot flashes! My mom had hysterectomy and never had flashes. Both of my sisters went thru natural menopause and had nearly no symptoms. Lucky me...

I had a hysterectomy 15yrs again. Getting hot flashes. Mood swings and anxiety, crying, yelling about little things. Is it really possible this is menopause? I thought after so many yrs all this would be over. I woke up soaked in sweat had to change my bedding and clothing. I also have to keep windows open. Thermostat is at 70 it feels like 90 +degrees to me so I turn it down then my roommate freezes. I was in my late 30s when I had this done .I'm now 61.

Well take your clothes off so that your roommate will not freeze.

I had my hysterectomy 8 years ago, and now I guest I am having hot flashes and night sweats.

I had my total hysterectomy 8yrs ago and was told I was going through the menopause then, but now I've started having hot flushes again with all the symptoms of menopause. I'm so glad I found this site as I was beginning to think I was going mad. The doctor keeps telling me It's not possible for me to be in menopause but my mom is definite it is and she should know she went through hell with hers.

I too had a partial hysterectomy at end of 2006 and while I was getting over this terrible flu that has plagued Missouri I developed night sweats, at first I thought it was flu-related. No, this is something different. Right before or after surgery they gave me some sort of temporary hormone and all was good as long as I didn't drink too much coffee during the summer. I now wonder could it be thyroid related? I had part of my thyroid removed in 2016 due to cancer, not on any hormones at this time. Glad I'm not alone as they say misery loves company.lol

I had a full hysterectomy back in 2009 and I'm having hot flashes all the time and sweating at night. I ask have type 2 diabetes so I don't know if that is part of it also. I'm always hot.

Thank God I'm not the only one. Had complete hysterectomy @ 38. I'm 48 now going through symptoms all over again & my Dr. said no U no longer have those hormones. Was put on disability 4yrs ago bcuz of mental issues. I, too have suffered & still is. Life is passing by while I have no part in it. On lowest dose estradiol for yrs. Been celibate going on 9 yrs.