Glad to find some people going through similar symptoms! i am 59 and wen tthrough natural menopause about eigth years ago. No hysterectomy. i had a pretty easy time of it. For the past year I have been taking Lyrica for fibromyalgia. I felt it wasn't doing much, so I weaned off with the Drs. okay. Within a couple weeks of a lesser dose I began having hot flashes, acrually felt like I was going to have a period!! I never once made a connection as the Dr. had assured me there would be no withdrawal symptoms. This was in Oct. By thanksgiving, I was so ill nasea sweats chills hot flashes, that I ended up in urgent care. They did blood work, At my request which came back normal. also urine. I have good blood pressure good vitals etc. I straightened up for a few days and then sick again. It's the tenth of Jan. and I couldn't sleep all night for hot flashes1 The dr.s have no clue, but say It's obviously not fatal! i swear, I think going off the lyrica threw me into a second menopause! Thanks for letting me vent, as my family and friends are getting fed up with me!

Wow! I am glad (but sorry) that there are more of us going through this...I thought I was losing my mind! Do to high cancer in my family I had a total hysterectomy when I was only 27...I am now 46 and having WORSE hot flashes than ever! They are almost constant! I was on estratest for 15 years...but it didn't stop the hot flashes so I stopped taking it. And doctors don't have any answers!! Really...this has gone on for almost 20 years!!!! I should be DONE already!!! :$ :-S

I am 44 yrs. old. I had a complete hysterectomy 14 yrs. ago. The doctor put me on Premarin. I stayed on Premarin for 1 1/2 yrs. but NEVER had any symptoms or signs that I was going into or was in menopause. I could not tell that I was even on Premarin so I dropped it and NEVER felt it. 8-| I do take Calcium supplements. Today, (in the last 6 months) I have developed these symptoms: Memory loss, weight gain (sudden), mood swings (no reason), vaginal dryness, depression, libido hi & low, and some mild hot flashes. :-S I'm headed to my GYN for a complete physical right now. I'll let ya'll know what he says. Thanks for all of the posts. :-D

OK here's my 2 bobs worth. I'm in Australia and here we call them hot flushes, lol. anyhow I had a hysterectomy about 17 years ago and my ovaries were removed. I have had night sweats and hot flushes ever since. I tried different HRT but the best was Kliovance but, this is only suitable for ppl who have had a Hysterectomy. I was told the HRT for ppl who have had a hysterectomy is safe to take. It's the HRT that is for ppl who haven't had a hysterectomy that causes the problems. Blame my doctor if that info is wrong. After finding out the HRTs were made from horse urine, I decided I wasn't going to take it anymore and so suffered for the last couple of years, always so hot. By chance I found if I took 1 vitamin E and 1 vitamin B6 tablet, the hot flushes stopped almost immediately. This lasts for about 12 hours, then i need to take them again but for some blessed relief, it's the best thing I've found that actually works, for me anyway. :-D

Although this has nothing to do with this subject, I was recently given a blood test to determine what was causing all my aches and pains. My vitamin D count was have of what it should be. So girls do yourselves a favor and get your vit D tested. It may save you a lot of worries in the future.

lacey

I am almost 41 years old. I had a hysterectomy about 1996.  The doctors kept trying to find the right dosage of estrogen for a long time.  I finally just quit taking any.  I have not takin any for about  10 years.  Now all the sudden i am having hot flashes, night sweats, and am more emotional at times.  I was told I am going through menopause.  But, when I looked online I found there really was no help for me.  Is there any doctor out there that can explain it?  I do not want to try estrogen again, I would just like any explanation.

.

I had a complete hysterectomy back in 1992 when I was 37, went thru all menopause symptoms 2 months later and continued to have them for several years.  But now they've come back with a vengeance!!  What's going on in my body?  I already suffer from ADHD, OCD, and anxiety and have been taking 80mg Strattera for my anxiety and focus issues, and it causes nausea, upset stomach, and weakness all day long.  So now hot flashes and lots of discomfort with a good dose of menstrual-like pain on top of everything else I already have???  I'm 56 now and having pretty hard time with all this.

I had a hyster. in 1995 am 57 yrs old and went right on hrt primerin they took everything out so it was immediate. After being on it for 10 yrs went off as the breast cancer scare came around then did the apocathary thing natural creams bi/est and progesterone they helped but become very expensive. so then decided heck what the hell did the women crossing in wagon trains do? Decided to go off everything and just buck it up. So now its been two years of nothing nadda and the night sweats and hot flashes still continue!! Toss and turn all night so I wait til about thursday of no sleep all week and flashes tossing and turning then i just take half ambien to get some rest. But please anyone out there help!!! cant find any doctor that really knows anything about hysterectomy, no thyroid function on armour thyroid natural stuff, hot flashes every nite and sometimes in the day  but am pretty miserable. This has been going on for way toooo long!!Their answer is usually more pills. Dont want to do pills at all. one thing i have discovered if i eat at nite especially carbs its hotflash city all nite so quit eating at nite. Salads are safe though.

am trying estrogen suppositories every other nite seems to help and very inexpensive. any other suggestions????

Hi, I am 56 and started menapause at 50 and still have hot flushes and night sweats sitting here in a cool office now with fan on.  Spoke to my doctor and he saide unfortunatley I am in the 1% that menapause can go on for years, I do not take HRT

Wow I am glad I'm not alone. Thought I was losing my mind! I had a total hysterectomy 30 yrs ago and just started having all these symptoms a few months ago.

I had a total hysterectomy 30 years ago and for the last few months have had hot flashes vertigo, nausea, headaches, mood swings, anxiety etc also. Anyone else having this?

Good luck, let me know the secret key! Black cohosh is my only help

I too have been going crazy trying to figure out what is happening to me. I had a hysterectomy 34 years ago without the removal of my ovaries. Sixteen years ago the Doc told me I was finished with menopause and went on two years of HRT. Five years ago I began hot flashes, constant migraines, body aches and just plain falling apart. A week ago my new, female (!), primary care, told me that we can have these symptoms for the rest of our lives!! Even if we have already gone through menopause, many years ago or just a few, had a hysterectomy, complete or not.

I was shocked! No male doctor knew this or at least took the time to find out. I had been told that I was going through menopause again, that the first doctor did not know what "she" was talking about, that I was having mental problems from having such an early menopause, etc, etc, etc.

The reason I am responding to your post is that her solution was very close to your solution. Omega 3, vitamin b's, and finding out that I was low on Vitamin D and having that resolved. She also, of course, stressed the eating healthy and excercise and mental excercise. No, heavy drugs or pharm solutions. Now..my hot flashes are rare. I am a thinking human being again and I even am enjoying life! Ladies, find a good female doctor!

Dee

The same thihg is happenig to me. I had a total hysterectomy 10yrs. ago. I did not go through menopause then but am haing the hot flashes and night sweats now. I have never agreed to take any harmones because they can cause cancer in some people. I am miserable and never dreamed this would happen 10 yrs. later at 55yrs. of age. Any suggestions?

I'm 45 this year about 6 years ago I had a hysterectomy and took nothing for it no estrogen or anything like that. I'm strong I work out every other day and I can honestly say my libido is very good. So why now I feel like I'm going through night sweats.. I get so hot at night and then If I'm not warm enough I actually feel like I'm freezing. i can associate this with menopause. Why is the water flowing when there is no plumbing??

I am 74   had one ovary removed at 37   complete at 40  now wheni get in my middle 70's i almost pass out then the sweats and hot flashes i wake up soaking wet.    one of the ladies in the apt building of 50 went to the dr with this and he said you have hormones in your system.  this is terrible does anyone have a answer.  sometimes i feel like shaving my head my hair gets so wet then i smell sour.  i can only say this is terrible.