Yes, I'm 60 on premarin 20 years 0.625. Last year was getting very fatigued, light headed, would break out in a sweat. I truly thought I was getting ill. It has progressed to , servre hot flashes, anxsiety, depression, insomnia & horrible depression. I'm a mess. I heard that even if you are taking hormones your body will still go through meno. I had a complete hyst, eveything gone, in 1989. I started a 2 weeks ago to .9mg of premarin, the hot flashes and night sweats have decreased very slightly. I was told it takes at least a month or more to store in your body. I would never go off premarin, I rather have a good quality of life.

I know how you feel I posted my story will be praying, since you have fibro have them do an ANA and check for lupus i have had lupus for 15 years i have fibro and mixed connective tissue disease and I had cancer 3 times and a full hysterectomy 9 yrs ago and I feel like I am having withdrawals my heart is fluttering I am so damn hot all the time I am fell like someone has set me on fire. Have you felt like this at all?

i am so glad i found this site. i feel like i am not alone!

i had a hysterectomy 21 years ago at 28 years old. i've had PMS symptoms this whole time, i used to try to keep track, but that didn't last. i then had one ovary removed in 2006. still always felt like i cycled every month..i'm positive my family would agree. anyway, last year at 48 years old i started having seizures. i vaguely remember after being in the hospital after the 4 tonic clonics (gran mal) that my breasts hurt more than i ever experienced, really swollen. thought i hurt myself during seizures. the TC seizures are under control with meds and the other types i have, (which i was probably having for a while before) that were happening almost daily, have been under control for most part since beginning of January. Anyway, i have been having night sweats off and on for the last couple months. of course i Googled about night sweats, first thing that popped up was menopause..after that were serious things, which i know it wasn't them as i have been being tested left and right for the last year. now thinking about it, with the weight gain, maybe not just from meds and other symptoms maybe i am going thru menopause. i didnt think i would. thought maybe i did. and didnt realize. so this week i had the worst night sweats yet to date, bed so soaked that it even woke the hubby. thinking about it this morning, i was getting bouts of feeling flush, crankier this week, breasts hurt etc.  anyway i noticed i had a good bit of seizure activity. my hubby thought meds stopped working again. he even said the other day......"you get a good bit time going and bam they come back, same thing happened a few weeks ago" hmmmmmmm........i do remember a bit of activity during end of January, i tend to prefer denial. so now i wonder if my hormones going crazy somehow affect my seizure activity. this may be the only time i noticed it happening because they were almost daily until the last anti-seizure med dosage increase. again, hmmmmmm. dont know if anyone has thoughts or experience. and how does this menopause trip last?

also, i ahd an MRI few weeks ago, and aside from misfirung going on in there, there is no reason for me to be experiencing dizziness off and on, just thought it was meds. but now in my reseaching this morning..vertigo is a meno symptom. really? i have been dizzy all this week.

thanks for letting me ramble.

I had a complete hysterectomy almost 15 years ago and still experience hot flashes. They have never decreased at all. My husband does not understand how hot a woman can actually get during these episodes. I thought they would have gone away by now, but no luck. I took myself off HRT due to the increase chance of breast cancer. I believe if the generations before me dealt with the sudden onset of flashes I could too. Hope they go away. I am approaching 57 years young.

I am so glad to hear someone else in my situation--like you, I had a total hysterectomy; mine being 20 years ago. I've been on HRT (premarin) since that time, going through spells where I would gradually wean myself off (danger of blood clots if too fast I was told) then having flashes and sweats come back, going on HRT again, through this cycle many times. I'm not 65. Doc says to be off by 70, so I stopped my latest--like you I was on the .3 pill, went down to 1x week, then stopped. The flashes started at the 1x a week, but nothing like now. I've been off everything for 5 weeks, and it's hell. Like you, I think I'm going to start it back up, seeing if I can do 2-3 a week. This is worse than I've ever had menopause symptoms--being totally wet, hair and all is not a fun way to get through the night. Just wanted you to know you're not the only one! Take care.

I am 56 and had a total Hysterectomy 9 years ago, i still have really bad hot flushes  which in turn make me feel lightheaded  and  off balance, i hate this and wonder when it will end , i  have lost confidence and do not like to be too far from home, i don't feel i could travel abroad i am scared of fainting and ending up in a foreign hospital.I am a very different person , years ago i would have jumped at the chance of going away. I am unable to take HRT  as my mother died aged 48 of breast cancer following HRT, so i have been strongly advised not to take it . 

Hi. While I took HRT for years after my hysterectomy, when I gradually stopped on advice of my doctor (most want you off HRT by 70; I'm 65.) I was on HRT for almost 20 years. The hot flashes came back like I had never had them before--leaving me with the symptoms you have. So my doctor suggested I try an anti-depressant. I'm taking Lexicor--and I take the lowest dose, every other day, because they did give me some mild side effects first 2 weeks. Now--I'm fine. I also sleep much, much better. The side effects are gone and I'm trying to stay with the one pill every other day.

To all of you that posted about menopause years after a hysterectomy I thank you! I truly thought I was going crazy with the hot flashes, headaches, night sweats, mood swings and depression over 10 years after my hysterectomy! I am usually an upbeat person, but lately that is not the case, and I believe it has a great deal to do with my insomnia which brings on the depression. I know I need to see my doctor but really do not want to take any HRT's as I have heard of the possible links to other diseases, is there anything that is more of a natural supplement that may help with some of these symptoms? I soo just want to feel like me again!

I worked for 24 years and had bluecross so my hormones were paid for,when I left my job I applied for medical with bluecross they asked me what meds i was taking and checked it out and any meds i was on before for severe hot flashes and hormone therapey they will not pay one cent or anything you were on before what the heck . I have blue cross medavie what good is it will if i get sick down the road or travel. It is not fair women with severe conditions with hot flashes and need hormone replacement it is soooooo expensive so you go cold turkey and suffer through it sucks big time. I pay 168 month. For pills i may be on down the road. go figure??????

i had total hysterectomy over 30 years ago i am now 67 and having bad hot flash's i did not think this would happen at my age ???

I am 67 years old and I had a complete hysterectomy in 1998. I have hot flashes all the time as well. I can not get the Doctor to give me anything for this at all. They tell me it is because of my age. That is ridiculous. I should not have to suffer like this. The Doctor told me to take Melentonin every evening. That does not work. It is very difficult for me and my husband to have me suffer like this and he has to suffer like this for me as well. So, it is not just you, it does not get any better as you getter older. The government does not care any at all about you either. Good luck. I hope you find comfort somewhere soon. God Bless.

Man...When I wrote my question I had no idea that so many were going through the same thing. It isn't that misery loves company but it sure is nice to know like the writer said above, that I am not crazy. Had total hysterectomy at the age of 35 due to tumors, dr. put me on premarin immediately. I am 51 now and when I stop taking them it is just like I have just started menopause. The vaginal pain and bleeding was so bad it caused "Men-to-pause" I love sex but geeshe! that scared the patootie out of me so I went back on them and have been on them ever since. Thanks for the information about the vitamin E and B6. Will try. I am a preacher and it is so embarrassing when I am in a counseling session and begin to glow with sweat (not cute) cause people to stop and ask me if I am okay. HELP!!!!! I NEED HELP!!! I am grateful for this page though!!!

I'm 68 had a complete hysterectomy when I was 45 and now I'm having night hot flashes in a bedroom at 60 degrees.