Same here 11 years now

Going through these same things. I asked my Dr if I could go through menopause twice & he said, no. I don't think they know what they're talking about, after reading others' stories. js

I haven't had any surgeries!

me too. did you ever find out what is going on? I had to change 3 times last night and actually get up and dry my hair that was wringing wet twice.

exact same story here. I had the hysterectomy 20 yrs ago and now i'm having night sweats

I had a hysterectomy 9 years ago and had night sweats (2) years after for about a year. Nothing since until about 2 months ago when hot flashes started in. I now have them 6 or more times per day and then will not experience one for days. I do have my ovaries so would expect some type of symptoms. Heading to 50 next year so I am sure this is all in the process but it is just difficult to deal with at times. I keep very fit by running and yoga but that doesn't seem to lesson the flashes.

I'm 65 and had to get off my estradiol because, with migraines + aura + a HUGE family history of stroke, I could end up having lots of strokes like my mother and her entire family. Watching her deteriorate little by little because of frequent little strokes is disheartening. I've therefore been weaning myself off HRT since October & am down from 2 mg/day to 1/2 mg every other day. But the hot flashes, sweating like someone doused me with hot water, and night sweats have been just shy of debilitating. I've been taking soy isoflavones, black cohosh, wild yam and other herbals the entire 9 months. I shudder to think what it would have been like if I weren't taking the herbs. I've recently started acupuncture plus chinese supplements and, thanks to your advice, have ordered an over-the-counter natural progesterone cream to be applied twice a day. I've got my fingers AND toes crossed because I'm pretty sure I don't want to live this way - turning fans on and off, getting in and out of the freezer for ice packs, cold water applied all over my body followed by standing in front of a window a/c unit, etc., dozens of times a day - for the rest of my life!

Had total hysterectomy when I was 35 was put on elleste solo 2mg im now 47 and I've started taking hot flushes ,forgetful, etc what can I do

I hate taking pills so the doctor suggested drinking lots and lots of water. I took his advise and did just that, I mean like 8 or more 8oz. Glasses of water hot on cold days with lemon and cold water on warm days with lemon. And do you know it works! TRY IT! Whay do you have to lose, except the HOT FLASHES!

Forget on my post that water was 8 glasses 8 oz. a day. Sorry.

Hi im 50had full hysterectomy 9years ago..been on hrt for 5years as never helped at all.im actually struggling today after having the same symptoms as your co worker..its horrendous im like a ball off fire then very cold in all weathers..as well as terrible mood swings.x

I too had a hysterectomy over 10 years ago and I cannot take hormones due to a pulmonary embolism. One doctor put me on Effexor and that did not work for me either. My doctor then put me on a low dosage of clondine .1 mg. And it is a miracle. Clondine is originally a blood pressure medication ( I have never had high blood pressure) but there were studies about it helping with the severe hot flashes. It has helped me beyond measure. My hot flashes were severe and my overall body temperature seemed to increase after surgery and I was avoiding things I loved because I was so miserable ( even simple things like going to dinner if restaurant was crowded because I knew the heat would get to me and I would be dripping with sweat and miserable. This medicine gave me my life back.

Wow, you describe me. I had radical hysterectomy 11 years ago and experienced everything you are describing until my doctor put me on clondine. .1 mg 2 times per day. It has been amazing all these years until now. Here I am 11 years later and all my symptoms are returning ( night sweats, hot flashes like I'm coming out of my skin etc). I am st wits end. It does seem that I'm going through menopause twice, I thought this was all under control for over a decade and now I'm right back to post surgery. ANY suggestions?

"Most Plastic Products Trigger Estrogen Effect" There ya' go!!! That helps explain things!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I thought I was loosing my mind. I had a hysterectomy 21 years ago. Hot flashes, vertigo, weight gain ,mood swings, anxiety ,memory problems and night sweats have ever taken over my life. Looking back in didn't have these symptoms after the hysterectomy . I'm glad I'm not alone and I'm not loosing my mind.