When I go to the Y, sometime I'll see people on the treadmill/stairstepper/eliptical with sweats on. Am I missing something? It's already 70°+. The guy next to me on the treadmill last night had on sweats and dreads that went down past his butt. I think I would have died from being so hot.

Doesn't all that water you sweat out just come right back with your next glass of water?

When I run I like to wear as little as possible. If I'm lifting i'm in the basement. Its a little cool but perfect for working out. I sometimes start out in sweats but usually change after I'm warm.

big fat 1.
I don't get it either. It sounds like a good way to make yourself sick.

And it's also a good way to increase the risk of heat exhaustion or even heat stroke. Most people wear a lot of clothes when exercising under the impression that they'll lose more weight, faster.

Prolly on the waiting list for the gastric bypass

Uh, yeah. I've never gotten the idea behind those solar suits and all... losing water does not equal losing fat!

Where did you say you run at...I'm always up for a little eye candy! Kidding...kidding... :D

It is VERY scary how little exercise knowledge the average Joe has. I'm just glad I know CPR.. fully expecting to use it on the guy in the sauna with his solar suit.

8O A meat thermometer may come in handy to check that guy's temp.

visual rejected!!!! :umno:

I witnessed this today when I was running laps in the gym. Crazy, crazy! How do they stay hydrated? It's not like she was carrying a water bottle. Like every 400 meters she had to stop and walk probably because she was close to heat exhaustion.

Lots of those at my gym. Most of them are not the heavy people but those that are in good shape, go to the gym often and should know better.
And what's the deal with wearing hats?! Not just baseball hats (which is too warm inside) but also knit hats...like the kind you wear outside when it's cold!

Knit hats are "in" now....it's a fashion statement.

This reminds me of a girl I used to work with years ago tending bar. She would wear a "solar belt" underneath her shirt (we wore button downs and ties, even in the summer, so you couldsee it) so she would ostensibly lose more weight. Like we weren't already sweating like crazy from running around so much. She was a bit whacked.

There was a guy at the Y last night running with one of those on. He was in full sweats and a knit hat and running 7:30 miles. I was in a singlet and shorts and I thought it was hot as heck.