These days everyone knows something about health and how we should eat, sleep, and exercise. But, do you apply everything you know to your own life? I know that if I applied everything I know I would even be in better shape than my current state - probably never catch a cold or experience an occasional headache. Sometimes it is easier to give advice than to apply that same advice to our own lives. Is anyone in the same boat I am? I try to live very healthy on a daily basis, not a smoker or drinker, etc. but fall short of applying absolulutely everything I know to my own life. I am curious to know how others do this. Thanks!

I too try to live a healthy life. Like you, I am a non-smoker and a non-drinker. I exercise regularly and I watch my diet. I am not in perfect health either. I think a lot of our susceptibility to illnesses is hereditary. We can delay the onset of those illnesses, or lessen the severity of those illnesses once they have occurred, but I don't think we can avoid them altogether.

Hi Brenda:
I think you/we are in the norm group. I think we'd go crazy trying to apply everything perfectly. I apply basic principals. Somehow I think we all convince ourselves that, as long as we "balance" what we know, we'll be ok. I still think that our awareness puts us ahead of the game, because somehow we are probably doing better than we think. A lot of it is probably sub-conscious. We make decisions based on our conscious and sub-conscious minds. I am very aware, however, when I am not eating like I should, for example. I don't worry about it because I know that I could be doing a lot worse, even if I am also aware that I could be doing a lot better.