I was in methadone maint for 5 years. Got up to 110 mgms and tapered myself gradually thru the next 3 years down to 48mgms a day. I was adminisrativly detoxed due to payment issus goung down 10mgms a day evry 3 days. This is my 5th day free and clean of methadone but i havnt slept and want to know if i can take a small amnt of suboxone

I have just discovered this website and have been reading through what everyone is posting and suboxone seems like another nightmare and the withdrawls are just as bad as methadone or any opiodes.  I am on methadone and have been for 5 years but can't seem to get adjusted. Was hoping to get off but doesn't seem possible. I hope you can do it I love it when people succeed cause I know people that have and trust me its worth it if you can hang on the withdrawls last around a week or two but they get easier I read on a medical website.  I haven't been brave enough to try it yet. Good luck! :)