I have the exact same symptoms as you. Are you better, and what have you done?

I just drove 3,000 miles round trip to San Diego for my son to have the "balloon" surgery by Dr. Brian Weeks. It was worth the trip. My son went to several apparently clueless ENT's and I won't tell you the money we have spent. Dr. Weeks is warm and gives you hope the minute he walks in the door. His whole staff is great. The only complaint I have seen is the long wait when you go  for your appointment but then you realize it is because he takes however much time you need when you see him. The surgery is amazing and there is no cutting. In my son's case, Dr. Weeks saw, after he started, that the adenoids needed to be removed so he went ahead and did that - no extra charge! He loves his job and it shows. My son is still in the recovery phase but he noticed right away that his ears could pressurize and there was no clicking when swallowing. He was able to breathe through his nose for the first time in years.

Hope you both read my post about Dr. Brian Weeks. Look him up - he can help with the glue ears, which is your eustachian tubes being completely closed up. There is a video on YouTube of him on "The Doctors" showing the procedure.

I was very happy to see your post today. I am going to see Dr Weeks on Match 18th, and am making the trip from Ohio, as I hear he is amazing. I have had ETD off and on for 7 years. I just recently came down with it again about a month ago after a resp infection. I am freaking out a little today, because I now cannot get my right each to open at all. I am sure you know the frustration of this since watching your son deal with it. I have high hopes that Dr Weeks will be able to help me. Thank you for posting, reading that made my day!

Had ear tube dialation done yesterday ... No crackling anymore but feel ears are congested and can't pop them.. I'm worried

Where did you have the dialation done? Dr Weeks or Dr Poe? Have they popped at all since you had it done? What are your symptoms? Sorry for all the questions. I am having this done in a few weeks and and a little nervous.

Had my done in Beverly Hills. I have had crackling,dizziness, fullness for a while. Came on 6 yeArs ago and has been on and off since then. In November of 2013 though it happened again and has not left so I opted for dialation surgery. Right now I have no cracking but my ears feel plugged ... I'm hoping this is normal ... I see my dr on Monday. I'm sort of panicking that they feel clogged I don't know if I was to expect total resolution rt after the surgery or if it takes a bit. What has ur doc said?

If this doesn't work I don't know what I will do

I have heard right after the procedure there may be some swelling that can take a few days to go down. How much did he dialate your ears? I know of 1 person that had hers done 2 times as the first time they were not opened enough. Have you heard of Dr Weeks in San Diego? He has been featured on the drs show a few times and is one of the best in the country. Have you uncovered the underlying cause of your ETD? Often times it is brought on by allergies, or TMJ. Have you been tested or treated for either? If there is a contributing factor, say a sinus issue that is causing chronic swelling of your sinuses, you may need to treat the sinuses to relieve the issue with the ETD as well. A lot of people have sinus surgery along with the balloon dialation surgery. Did you or have you ever had that done?

I didn't expect swelling after this surgery. They feel congested... I feel the need to pop them but can't so that's why I'm panicking ... But maybe you are right...they feel swollen rt now. Maybe I was optimistic and thought I would come out of the surgery feeling a huge differrence. I don't feel cracking though. I have a follow up tomorrow.

I was dizzy for three years, had the mri, the cat scan, allergy shots, everything. The only thing that would help was xanax (alprazolam). Then, my ent finally gave me xyzal (levoceterizine) it is a miracle drug. I took one and that night I was awakened by rapid sinus drain. As long as i take one every nigh

ive had ETD for the last 14 months, constant clicking and popping noises in my ears every time i swallow, talk, yawn etc, and when i blow my nose my ears feel all blocked, ive seen many docs and they told me it would go within a few weeks and nothing to worry about but hear i am over a year later with the same problem, and i get awful migraines as well, which i am having an MRI scan for i have tried everything otovent, nasal sprays, antibiotics, sudafed and nothing ever works, im under a ENT specialist atm and am due to have grommets fitted in 5 weeks but im worried this could worsen the problem, but i can't live with this for the rest of my life, ive heard some people have had it years.

Hi, I've had ETD for about 14 yrs. Have good days and bad days. Have missed worked, as much as 2 months first time this occurred. Don't give up. First, pray and get prayer. Second, see whats out there that may help you. Have you tried Allergy shots and meds? Also, if you can't sleep it will make everything worse, Mirtazapine RX, is an antidepressant that has a side affect of helping you sleep, I use half a pill on bad days, helps me sleep but is not overpowering. My allergist also suggested the saline nose rinse (NeilMed), that was like a miracle for me, the rinse has helped a lot. I've just recently heard about the ear popper but haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps.

11 months so far and tried everything!!

Good days and bad days since dialation. Don't know if it completely helped but on some days I hear my echo. I'm done trying stuff. I'm tired and lightheaded all day long. Hate life.