I'm right there with you on this. 2 months for me as well! I try to live every day normally, but it does get very tiring dealing with this.

I just purchased one and tried it and thought it to be weird, but after reading this I will do some everyday to try and get the relief!

I know you wrote this a long time ago. I so hope your issues are cleared up. I have similar issues as yours have been going on for 3 months now. I am scared and anxious and it is awful. I am able to cope but it is a CONSTANT annoyance and I really do not ever enjoy anything anymore and I have a pretty good life otherwise. On the positive note, these are some things that have helped me a lot and i think my symptoms would be much worse. I too have the tinitus but I have been able to "silence" it with this online program I found called TinnitusTerminator. It is a sound therapy program it is only like $60 dollars and it has been an absolute blessing, I listen to it all the time. Apple Cider Vinegar also helps with the noise. Take 12 oz of water in a glass jar, add 2 or 3 packets of pure Stevia and 1/2 tsp or so of ground ginger and ice. So delicious. Drink one a day. Detox Tea. A total must. Really helps with eveything. I also do cleansing programs. I think cleansing is the key. I am starting a juice fast this week. See the movie: "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" for inspiration. I hope and pray you are better today. I really feel for you. God bless!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Has this (i think) for about 3 months now and its really getting to me now im on a long waiting list for a ent speciallist which cant come sooner but from all the posts i read it seems hopeless for a lot of people! Has anyone ever fully got over this before?!

Dr. Poe has operated on my daughter several times for cholesteatoma removal and ossicular chain reconstruction. He's amazing! Unfortunately, she isn't a candidate for this procedure but if you get a chance to meet with him and he can help you, I highly recommend him!

I know this post is dated, but what cleared things for me was laying with my back on the bed and my head hanging over the side and taking the nasal spray upside down. After I blew my nose quite hard and movement started happening. Crackling and popping. Hope you are okay now!

I started with TMJD and ETD at the same time, both on the left side, around 3 years ago. The TMJD specialist said there was no link to ETD, and the ENT specialist said there was no link to TMJD.

Hi Avisconti, How did your surgery go with Dr. Brian Weeks? I visited him (from Canada) for a consultation this year and and hopefully would like to have the balloon dilation procedure done soon. I would love to talk to more of his patients before I decide as it's very expensive for me as a Canadian!

was just diagnosed im a female senior they gave me prednisone 20mg once a day w food a nasal decongestant and nasal spray hope it clears up fast I went to gym w headphones on 45 mins they I had the buzzing that
nite

Hi David. My name is Scott. I have been suffering from Eustachian Tube Dysfunction for about a year and 4 months. After 3 ENT's , none of them knew what to do. Nasal steroids, Prednisone, and a trip to an allergist have not solved my problem. I am now seeing a Chiropracter, but it does not seem to help either. I am going to try acupuncture next. I was told by the later ENT that there is nothing medically they can do, I will have to live with it!! I have not given up yet. I am really perplexed why ENT's can not figure this problem out while it is there area of expertise. I am going to try vitamin C after reading these articles. My ears seem to be crackling & popping all the time, and the pressure is always there. Any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate.

I was just wondering how you are now. I am at the 15 month mark of ETD. Please let me know. Thanks, Scott

my worst bout lasted for 11 months, I was completely beside myself with sleep deprivation. but after all the ENT checks the best advice was to get a small childs nasal balloon that they use for treating glue ear and blowing it up once of twice a day, yawning, pushing my jaw as far forward as it will go (naturally not with your hands!)inhailing steam, taking antihistamine tables too. basically anything that will keep the tube moving, it will go,
occasionally pop your ears still even if you don't have any symptoms
but when you feel you may be coming down with a cold, you need to start being more vigilant, we have narrow tubes so will always be more prone.
hope that helps, it's miserable but you will get over it

Don't you think you should find a 4th one with a widespread reputation even if you have to travel a distance?

Did your eustachian tube dysfunction finally clear up?