I know Im extremely late with this reply. But is that the only doctor that performs it ? Because I Had only place performs this procedure and it is located in chicago. I have etd and Im depressed.

how is he doing now? I live very close to him and am considering the procedure but heard about PET problems (the tube staying open)

It sounds like most every person here is suffering from undiagnosed TMJ disorder and doesn't realize it. ENT's will not even consider this or make the connection 99% of the time. Don't waste your time. TMJ can present without the typical symptoms you might expect but the ET's can be affected by TMJD. Please get evaluated for TMJD by a specialist who treats TMJ or look for a Neuromuscular dentist.

Did your eustachian tube dysfunction clear up for good since you posted this? please ley me know.

I am so sorry to read your post becasue I am experiencing the same thing and only want to see the end of this ETD but with no promising end in sight. Did you have both ear dilated? How long since the dilation? Are you improved now?

Hi-
Thanks for your post. I was just curious as to what some of your symptoms where and if your ETD ever came back. I have had it for about 6 months now and am slowly losing hope. I have tried so many different meds. Any suggestions or tips?
Thanks in advance

Hello, I am wondering if you are all cleared up now. I hope it went away as anticipated with the birth of your baby. I have ETD due to allergies and its going on 6 weeks. Fortunately my ear rang for only two days in the beginning and pressure for several weeks, but now I still have popping and crackling when I swallow or yawn, but my hearing is fine. Its grim to think I will get this continually now with allergy season as is what is often written in the posts. hope to hear positive news that you are better. If not, did you find out anything more about the balloon dilation procedure?
Thank you
Lisa

Hi. I just read your post and would like to know if your ETD every went away? Your symptoms sound all to familiar and I'm looking for some positive feedback. I hope in your case you can offer some? Lisa

I went to an ENT Dr in Jacksonville with a Eustachian tube problem. He was one of 4 ENT's that I have been to. He suggested that I go see Dr. Poe in Boston, but I haven't gone. I have been dealing with this problem for about 5 years. I am so afraid my left ear will develop the same problem. I don't think I would be able to stand it if both ears were bad. Nothing the other Doctors tried worked. The only peace I have is when I sleep. Have you had any luck recently? Did you ever go to the Boston Dr's?

Hello. No I live in California. my doctor told me to get used to it. Right now my ears are just constantly crackling and popping when I yawn or swallow. If I do any strenuous exercise they click. When the weather changes they feel pressure. Dr tells me to go home and take antihistamines and decongestants.it is frustrating to say the least I've had it 2 months. not near as long as you. Hope you find relief.

Has anyone had surgery to help this situation ?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried a Neti pot for their ETD?

bought an ear popper, did absolutely nothing for my ETD, just cost a small fortune.

Does the ear popper hurt? How is that used? Did it actually pop open your ears?
Have you ever used a netipot?

I have had ETD for 7 months. the ear popper does give some relief. It is alittle too violent sometimes!. I have tried everything from steroids, sprays, pills, etc,  and several ENTs . Doctors always act like it is no big deal even though it is driving us crazy. I am ever hopeful. Waiting for my ears to clear up.