Hi everybody I’ve been experiencing some problems with my shifter for a while. I go cycling three times a week and I need my bike in a perfect condition. The problem occurs when I try to change a gear. The shifter locks and I don’t know how to unlock it. I am thinking of purchasing a new ultegra shifter. Any experiences with this brand?

Ultegra is a very good shifter manufacturer. It produces high quality shifters. I think that your problem is not caused by the shifter itself, but by weather conditions. You know why? Because I have the same problem with my Ultegra shifter. I’ve realized that it happens on rainy days when the route is wet. It seems that the mud blocks the cables. So, the best solution is not to change the shifter, but the cables or, at least, try drying them well, I can’t guarantee that you’ll solve the problem. I’d have to take a thorough look at your bike to be sure of what I’m saying. Don’t worry! The problem is not serious.