I'm a 14 year old boy and live with my mum. My mum is generally under stress and i mean real stress. but she always seems to take it out on me.When she wakes up in the mornings (or sometimes afternoon) she shouts the house down and when shes mad shes really mad. once when my brother told her to calm down she cut his pc wire!I just don't know how to stop her from shouting. the only time she doesnt shout is when shes on the phone or someone is visiting.i try to put her in a good mood but it never lasts. When i do thing like tidy up its never good enough and when i forget something she always says things like " i asked for that an hour ago" or "finally!" i just dont know how to keep her in a good mood.If anyone has any ideas i would appreciate some replys.Thanks.

You are 14 and it's not up to you to keep your mom in a good mood. Something could be going on with her that should be medically checked into. How old is your mom? The reason i ask is that she could be going thru her change of life, otherwise known as menopause.
You did not make mention of your dad, if he is living with you guys, you should try and bring this to his attention. He could possible be the one to suggest to her that she see her doctor.
Do you have an Aunt that you could speak to or does mom have a "best" friend that you can confide in? If someone on the outside brings this to moms attention, she probably won't react so strongly.
If i were you, i would stay out of her way. Sounds like mom is going thru something, but it's not your job to figure it out for her. I know you love her, but she is a grown women and should recognize thru herself that things aren't right.
Maybe next time when she launces into one of her tirades, you could calmly say, "Mom, i think you should go talk to someone" and maybe this will snap her out of it for a second, long enough for her to realize that things aren't just right.