I am a 34 year old school teacher, and I have been trying to date. But, my problem is that I look much younger that I actually am. Most guys that I do meet tell me, that they dont believe my age. I am usually mistaken for someone between the age of 18-24. I am often told that my young looks will help me in the long run. It really doesnt help me now though. Any suggestions?

I believe you can make yourself look older by the appropriate application of makeup, or by wearing clothing that are age-appropriate for someone who is 34 year old or older. Wear a business suit to work, and try to project an air of professionalism at all times. Whenever appropriate, offer your hand for a quick handshake when socializing with acquaintances and strangers alike.

cant you just be happy with how old you look? you will get to look older later but for now enjoy the present.

anyways as a guy i would say the following

- for your hair just go to your hairdresser and ask her to do something that older girls usually get done

- for the love of god do not use loads of make up, just use small amounts that will make you look older and more mature.

- just wash your face and dont overly tan as that is the first sign of an lg (little girl) (girl trying to look like a w****)

- just get some nice clothes that arent overly dressy or under dressy, some nice stuff, idk lol

- dont get a bellybutton ring just yet as it will look out of place on your young body. just keep with some simple ear rings

I can identify with you. I have always been called younger than my age ever since I was very younh. It got worse after I turned 18, Finally an adult and people will tell me I looked 13 - 14 yrs old. I was really self contious and everything but now I no longer care what people think. I gave my life to Jesus Christ and became a christian when I turned 19. He helped me to let go of all the self hate and see myself the way that He sees me. I learned to love myself and accept myself the way I am. My life changed. I just want to tell you. Dont listen to anyone. God made you this way. He formed you in your mother`s womb and predetermined your existance before you were born. You are beautiful and unique. Made in God`s image. Stop worrying about what people think. Wasting years and time in vain. I regret all the time I wasted. Live your life for You. Go after your dreams and goals and pursue happiness. Those people who laugh and critic you most dont do it to intencionally hurt you. People just dont think. And if they do do it intentionally then they are losers and have no life. They are self contious themselves and try to hide it by picking on those who dont look like them. Some may even envy you. Wishing they were as atractive as you. WHO CARES what they think? You are being true to yourself and moving forward to success. You will most likely never see them again in your life and if you do SO WHAT? After I had my baby 8 months ago I havent had any good sleep since and I got dark shadow and bags under my eyes. I was actually feeling sad because I thought to myself that I looked bad and a bit older. Well guess what.. I still get people asking my age and thinking im 16. Yesterday I was in the supermarket I frequently visit and one of the workers finally got the nerves to ask how old I was. Being used to it by now I find it quite amusing. I told him my age and surely he says "NOO really? I thought you were 16.. No you look like you`re 16." To which I laughed and respond "Oh thats a good thing. Thats a blessing from God. And I also take good care of myself. I dont eat just anything." Then I continue with my shopping as if nothing happened. Its amazing but it will keep on happening no matter how many kids you have or how many bad sleepless nights you have. Its just how you are. I no longer care what anyone thinks of my apperance. I was born this way. My facial features are together formed in a way that makes me look youthful and nothing can change that no makeup, no clothing. You shouldnt try to change for NO ONE. Accept yourself and learn to love yourself. Then others will respect that about you.