Hey guys. I want to start new topic :) I have to confess that I like this site :) I think that you can help me with my previous post and I am sure that you will be able to answer me on my next question. Well, here is what I want to know. My Bulldog Susana is getting older and bigger every day. I am expecting her to come in heat very soon. I was reading a little bit about it and I know what are the signs of dog in heat, but I really want to know what to expect when your dog comes in heat?

Hey there LA Lady again :)

Ouh, you have a Bulldog lady. I believe that she is adorable. Dogs can be very annoying when they are in heat :) You should be prepared on it. You are going to need a lot of nerves for her :)

She will try to run away from you, that is the first thing that you can expect :) In that period they are very “attractive” to male dogs and you need to be very careful.

You should never let her go out alone. Not even in the yard.

Also, you can expect her to hide from you or to avoid to eat.

Those are phases that every female dog owner is going through.

Hello you two :)

I am glad because I have male dog :) and I believe that I won’t have so many problems like owners of female dogs :)

You need to be careful because your dog can come in heat before than you expected. First you need to understand her cycle.

I agree that she will try to run away. So you need to know that when you walk her you need to avoid other dogs. Walk here in the area which is less popular for other dogs.

You can spay her because this can mask the smell that makes your dog attractive to male dogs :)

You can expect her to be aggressive  as well.

Hello everyone.

My female dog is currently in heat, so I think that I can talk about this a lot. In one word she is – unbearable.

She ran away from home three days ago but my neighbor found her very soon. Luckily, nothing happened. She is crying all the time, she wants to go out alone, but I can’t let her go.

Sometimes she is aggressive as well.

I am going to spay her ASAP.

That is the only solution to avoid this in the future. She is struggling and she is obviously hurt because she needs to be in home all the time.

She even started to chew my furniture :/

Good day my friends. Wow, so this can be very hard period for both of us, right? Honestly, I didn’t want to spay her but now I am thinking that I should do that. I am not sure is she in heat now and should I spay her now. She is having some weird symptoms that she never had. That is why I think that she is in heat. She is hiding under the stairs from me since yesterday. She also started to eat a lot. I am not sure is this just one more symptom. How to stop her when she wants to run away from house? What to do?

Hey everyone. Well LA Lady it seems to me that your dog is in heat already. Observe her behavior and try to be closer to her than ever. It is very important for your dog to understand that she has all your support in this period. Trust me it is very hard for her as well. You can expect her to show you less love than usual but don’t be mad. That is just a phase in her life. It is important to understand it. You can also expect her to refuse to eat and she can do some things that she never done before.

Hello. Dog in heat is definitely different than usually. Your dog behavior is going to change totally during those days. You can expect to see bloody discharge in your house. Also, some females show a change in their mood very shortly before their seasons commences. They are even sensitive to the touch. I think that you should think that dog in this period is like she is getting through the PMS. That is almost the same. She will be interested in male dogs and you need to prevent her to be in contact with them if you don’t want to have puppies.