my daughter is pregnant and addicted to roxy. what problems or effects can it have on the baby

Hi we just adopted a baby born addicted to"roxis" She is fortunate, because she had a sibling who died due to this particular drug exposure in utero. they are extremely aggitated, have increased muscle tone, usually require physical therapy because their tendons and ligaments do not develop normally. They also are born addicted, so they go through the WD as would an adult. which will break your heart, because you can see they are in tremendous pain. They tend to have developmental delays. It is imperative that your daughter gets help immediatly. trust me she does not want to see what it does to the baby, if the baby survives, they have a high rate of SIDS, remember roxies relax the muscles, so the heart is a muscle. most have heart problems. They also tend to have "fein" behaviors, constant thrashing of the head. I could go on all night, for the sake of the baby, please get help immediatly, and although it is painful, please make sure the hospital knows she was exposed to drugs in utero, so they can take the proper precautions. Most of the time, family is afraid to "rat out" the mother, but when the dr's and hospitals are not informed, thats when most of drug addicted babies do not survive, because most symptoms do not present themselves until one week after birth, by that time they are home and family does not know what to look for, and thus this is when the baby becomes so overcome by the WD,usually the heart stops. resulting in infant death. Make your daughter get help--look into the Marchman act.

cosmotxchk...I have a question regarding your above post. Are you still active here?