New Member

I had sexual intercourse on 16 February 2019 and cannot remember if I actually went on my periods in February. I then had sexual intercourse on 3 March and did not go on my periods in March. 

I went for my first scan on 3 June and the scan shows that I am 15 weeks and 3 days pregnant. 

When could I possibly have conceived/fallen pregnant? 16 February or 3 March? 

Please help. 

Health Guru

If your 15 weeks and 3 days it would make it around the 16 of Feb you conceived.

If you was to use a period tracker app on your phone it woul make it simple to see as it would give your most fertile time every month.

Thank you. My confusion here is the due dates. The due date as per the scan is 29/11 or 2/12 and that corresponds with the conception being 03/03.
Am I correct? Please help?

Health Guru
Do you know the start dates that your period would have been in Feb and March?

In Feb would have been 22nd and same for March or 25th latest.

Health Guru
December 2nd would mean you would be currently at week #16 (15 weeks 2 days) and conception would have been on the 12th of march and November 29th would mean you would be currently at week #16 (15 weeks 5 days) meaning conception would of been 9th March what would be around right time for March 3rd intercourse.

This is the most stressful and complicated first time pregnancy I think anyone is yet to experience. So I had my second clinic visit today. The nurse said that she wouldn’t be able to hear a heartbeat seeing that I am 18 weeks pregnant, but she did it anyway. She got a heartbeat and said then I can not be 18 weeks pregnant, I should be 20 weeks pregnant cause that is when they get a heartbeat.
How am I 20 weeks

Health Guru

Evidently that nurse doesn't know what she is talking about because a embryo's heart beat starts around 6 weeks and can be picked up by untra sound scan at around 7 to 8 weeks, if you don't believe me just Google at what age can you detect a fetal heart beat.

Thank you! I did Google, and got the same results you’re telling me of. I was just so confused and stressed out. Thank you :)

Health Guru
No worries and hope everything else goes smoothly for you.

Hi there. I’m back
:(
I went for my scan again on 13 August and the scan weighed my baby to be “26 weeks 1day” and moved my due date to 18 November. I’m stressing again,but someone told me that I shouldn’t mind the second and third scans because they are not very accurate. I am really stressing about the conception dates! What’s your take? Should I focus on the first scan with due date 29/11?

Health Guru

It has been known for scans to not be that accurate as some babies grow faster than others making them seem more advanced because all they do is just take rough measurements from the image. The best thing you can do is stop stressing because all that isn't good for your baby. Can I ask why your so worried on what date it was you conceived?

New Member
Hi there
Thank you for the response.
I’m stressing because the 16/02 should never have happened, it was not with my boyfriend. My bf would be devastated if this baby was conceived on 16/02 and not 03/03 with him. :(

Health Guru
I would stick to the 29/11 if I was you as they don't seem very sure of things when doing scans there specially after telling you that a heart beat can't be detected untill around 20 weeks, as I said scans are only a rough guide and are not always accurate specially if the technician is fairly new to doing them.

New Member
Ok thank you. Will do