basically, i'm just fed up :( it's my 14th birthday in 21 days and im not even looking forward to it. i feel fat ugly unfit, and have failed at every relationship. i weigh 131 pounds and im 5"4 but i come home from days out with friends and they upload their pictures on facebook, i see ones of me, where i just look awful :( fat face, disgusting legs it's not fair. i try so hard to lose weight and my skinny attractive friends eat next to nothing. no wonder i can't get my crushes to like me. i always ruin everything with them. people tell me i'm pretty and say im not fat, but photos dont seem to say that! and i feel horrible, i want to lose weight for me, not anyone else, for me, i just don't know how and i need guidance but i dont want to talk to my mum about it she has enough problems with cancer and my dad, please someone??? :/

hey there =) sorry to hear about all the stuff thats going on in your life right now =( I decided to reply because as a teenager at school i was bigger than average, and always felt exactly the way you described... Losing weight is difficult and does take alot of motivation and determination, and it is even more difficult when you have other situations gojng on...life is harsh, but sometimes we just need someone to guide us... Whilst at school i got bullied buy the "skinny" girls and people would say "oh your pretty" even though it felt like a lie...my mum used to tell me that its better to be large with a great personality than skinny with an ugly personality...I never believed her, but to be honest it is true =) as for losing weight, i didnt have the money or confidence to go to the gym or work out around other people, so i started off doing a few sit ups and exercises in my room...i think i started off with about 10 a night (its all i could do then haha) then gradually built it up... I left school when i was 15 because of the bullies and my main focus was to crack on with my GCSE's and shed the weight.... after determination i managed to lose the weight and passed my exams. I truely believe that in life, to make us happy, we need to set goals and reach them =) its harder said than done, but you said that you want to do it for yourself and no body else, which shows me that you deffinately have the right motive and attitude to do so =) honestly, believe in yourself, and when times get you down just think " i can do this"! As for your friends who eat next to nothing, thats just plain silly, at one point (think i was about 16/17) i starved myself and drank nothing but coke zero! the problem is i may have been skinny but my skin was a total mess! Im now 19 and yes i have put on some weight, but i feel and look healthy at a size 12....also you have to remember, your only 13/14, so your body will be changing....when ever i feel c**p i paint my nails, so my hair and make up...even if im not going anywhere...and drinking plently of water sure helps you shred the weight! I honestly believe you can do it, and i hope you will now have the belief in yourself...when people start noticing it and complimenting you, it will boost your confidence and determination =p I always say, " i am what i am", and if people dont like it then they really aren't worth it. As for the boys, i cant really say much as im a lesbian haha! but....everyone, gay or straight will go through many frogs till they find their princess/prince... its just a matter of time hun =) just remember...dont wish your life away, and live life for yourself =) hope i have helped, take care x

hey there,, I was in the same boat as you

I was 5'3 and weighed about 145.. today (I havent grown much) I'm about 5'6 and weigh 140

to keep this message short and sweet

-READ THE NUTRITION LABEL: I cant stress that enough

-eat fewer carbs : no bread buns or bagels (make healthier picks with fewer carbs such as oats or veggies)
- eat less sodium ( make sure to have no more than 1500mg daily over 6 meals*)
- *by eating 6 meals you wont feel hungry and wont snack out of hunger or boredom
- eat your veggies and drink your water- drink from 12-16 cups of water daily (it keeps your system clean and running smoothly)
-cardio is key - exercise for at least one hour a day - break it into 2 30 minute sessions if you need
- and of course portion out your meals instead of a plateful (ie with meat only take a palm sized serving and with veggies take a measuring cup and measure out one or two)

I hope these tips help.. Let me know how everything goes

- send me a message

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I have the same problem. This isn't really helping... but your not alone.

I do the same thing, I paint my nails, do my hair and makeup when I feel like c***p. It makes me feel better about myself. But I'm self-conscious at school. I don't know what to do while I'm there. Help?!?!?!