I forget things easily but I did not remember being told not to have intercourse for atleast 3-4 weeks after having an abortion and since I do not wear tampons they didn't have much concern about reminding me or telling me so i guess. Although the papers I recieved did have it on there, but reading through it before the abortion obviously wouldn't remind me afterwards.

So I have intercourse the same night of the abortion, later refering back to the sheets and was terrified that it was part of the not-to-do's. Will it effect me in the future such as not being able to conceive?

Also, I didnt bleed much, very little or nothing at all after the abortion. Then two days later I started bleeding ..it was slightly heavier than my normal period. I wonder if it has anything to do with the having intercourse?

And now I'm sick, it's been a week since the abortion. Due to my busy work schedule I wasn't able to check in with them about my concerns but have left a voice message which I haven't heard back from them yet. I've been having chills, one minute I'll be cold and the next I'll be sweating. I also have a sore throat, been coughing and have light headaches. Could this be because of the abortion or it is just the time of me being sick.

Because I have to lift boxes heavier than 10lbs at my work, I wonder if this may be the cause for my bleeding too?

And I don't take birthcontrol but was told to start taking it two days after my abortion which I didn't follow through because I didn't want to be on it, is this something that I must take or they just want me to be safe?

By the way, this is my first abortion and I was at 5 weeks with the pregnancy prior to having the abortion.

Are my questions really that impossible? Please somebody just answer to what you know.

I work in an abortion and have had 3 abortions myself.

The reason why they tell you to not have sex for at least a week is due to the high risk INFECTION relating to having sex after an abortion.

Your sore throat has nothing to do with abortion, you are most likely just sick, there is something going around. This is cold and flu season you know..

Lifting, exercise, and increase in activity will cause bleeding to become heavier post abortion, so keeping low key is advised.

The reason they want you on birth control is because you can EASILY become pregnant very soon after an abortion, so some sort of contraception is always improtant for sexually active women.

WHY on gods green earth would you have sex or even wanna have sex after an abortion. TERRIBLE!

Your the disgrace thinking you have the right to have any judgement on someone else's life and how they live it. Think before you speak whether she did or didn't she's gone through this traumatic experience and doesn't need your disgusting comments she evidently just needs some help and moral support

Fact ..don't judge someone..if you are perfect then why you are reading these posts

Your sick if you think you can talk to someone like that after they have just got rid of their baby, you don’t know why they have choose to have the abortion so do a favour and ask yourself why your even being such a low life looking at peoples posts just to judge. I agree if you don’t want a baby and then you go and have intercourses straight after and risk it is wrong but still it is their choice stop getting involved!

Hi , so did you ever find out what was wrong with you ? I’m having the same symptoms!!