when I was 11 i was raped and I'm now 16 and recently have been really depressed and sad and afraid about it, I suppose now that I'm older I understand just how much it has effected me. I want to talk to someone about my problems but not family friends or a councellor but maybe a close teacher in school I just wouldn't know how to start I just cry:( can anyone suggest a way for me to talk to someone?

I'm very sorry about this :-( My advice would be to talk to some sort of counselor ASAP. Particularly one trained to deal with rape cases. They will know what sorts of things to say/ask to get these feelings out of you and help you work through them. They'll also let you cry, and be used to anything you've got to/need to say. I think it would really help. Talking to family would also help, if you feel comfortable with it. But in my opinion professional help should be contacted too just because its such a hard experience to go through and you dont just want to get all these thoughts out of you but you want to learn how to move past them too.

i know how you feel i was in the same place only last month all i can say is find someone that knows you well and try to start some sort of conversation about assult or rape and if they now you well the will read you like a book and figer it out for themselves. then once they now it will be easier to talk to them i promise. i cant tell you how to get over cas i dont know kyet but talking has helped hope this helps u. xx

i know how u feel cas i was in the same place last month all i can say is talking does help, find someone u trust and also knows u well and try to approach the subject they should understand and once one person knows it will be easiler of u to talk about it with them. i cant tell u how to get over it cas i dont now myself yet still struggling but i hope this helps u. xx

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through such an event at any age let alone an early one. I hope you never have to experience such a traumatizing ordeal again. And although I have to honestly admit that I cannot tell you I understand what your going through 100 percent, I'm willing to understand and keep an open mind. I think you should speak to your parents first and foremost. Myself being 16, I know it's difficult to confide in your parents with most things, I know how our rebellious side often separates us and widens the gap between parent and child. However, I also know that every parent cares for their child, and your parents are no exception, they love you and they want you to be happy. If something's on your mind that's affecting you in a negative way, Please, talk to them, let them know, they can listen, tell you it's going to be okay and make you feel better. I wish you the best, and good luck.

P.S. Don't EVER, for a SECOND think your "worth less" than anyone else because of what you went through. Every woman is beautiful, inside and out, and you shouldn't let anyone ever make you think or feel otherwise. Your important, and you make a difference in everyone's lives which you miraculously reach out and touch. Best wishes. :-).

Hey,

I was raped myself, when I was a little girl, and I know what it feels like. Ha, never told someone in person before. Um, I think if you want to tell a teacher.. tell it to one you know you feel safe with, one who LISTENS and it isn't easy. It is hard to talk about it, there is a forum online for rape victims, sexual abuse, and sexual assault victims. I could send it to you if you'd like?

Parents are hard, and I didn't have a good run in with it. I was blamed for it, still am, but.. it takes a lot of courage to tell, and.. i hope you do, and even if its just a free counseling group with rape victims.. women's center typically have them.

I know you are trying to help but I know how othgirl feels about not telling a friend/family member because I personally feel that they won't know how you feel until it happens to them.