I'm 5'3" and weigh 138 lbs. Schools starting in 15 days and I want to lose at least 20 lbs by then. healthy or not. PLease tell me how.

To lose that much weight in that short amount of time is extrememly unhealthy but possible. Only way I can think of you doing that is completely starving yourself but i wouldnt recommend you doing that. But 138 isnt a bad weight for your height.

No one can keep off that amount of weight long-term, if lost through drastic means anyway.

I understand your panic about school starting, but you need to be realistic about how much you want to lose and how quickly, and make a plan to do it a healthy way.

Exercise regularly, eat low fat, low carb foods, but DON'T starve yourself - when you stop eating, the body goes into starvation mode, which means that though you might lose a few pounds fast, you're messing up your metabolism, and will, in the future find it harder to burn calories or lose more weight.

How old are you?

i m 5'1 and 128 pounds and i cant take the insultes anymore i tried exersise the whole summer i tried eating barely anything and NOTHING has worked i need help i need school starts in 3 weeks and i have no clothes that fit my aunt wants to take me shopping but once she sees my wardrobe size than she'll freak and i dont need that. its mostly on my stomach, thighs, arms and face there nothing i can do so i need HELP 

Hi Sweet Pea,

How old are you?

Like I said above, firstly, you can't lose large amounts of weight in a healthy way that will mean it remains off, if you're trying to do it in a short period of time. Secondly, if you don't eat, your metabolism slows down and your body will actually start to store fats.

When you say that you've tried exercise, what type/how much and how long did you try it for?

Would you not be able to ask your aunt if you could do your own clothes shopping, if that would make you feel more comfortable?

Instead of eating barely anything which is not going to help, try eating healthily and exercising regularly, and it should be effective. I know you won't want to hear it, but it will take time.

Without knowing how old you are or what your body frame is (regardless of how tall you are) it's hard to tell what your ideal weight should be, but it doesn't sound like you really need to loose much weight.

X