hello ...i smoked 2 packs a day for over 20 years ..on January 1st 2009 ...i decided out of no where to quit it was not planned or anything ..i threw 4 cartons in the garbage with all the lighters....ect..how ever i did not think that this was gonna happened to me i am sick every day panic attack after panic attack ..crawling skin, shortness of breath, im afraid to leave my house flushed face, i break out in a sweat....ect...trust me im done with smoking i will never touch another cigarette..i just cant take this feeling my mind is like a toys r us on Christmas eve with only one worker...im going crazy not knowing whats is going on ..is this normal.??????..i never knew that this would happened ...im at the doctors office every week giving him a $20 copay ..and all he does is give me different meds to try i have a draw full of pills the made it worse for me...not to mention emergency room 4 times ....i did all tests, stress,chest xray, corardid test cognitive test ..ive done it all ...everything is perfect then what the hell is happening ...please help someone rescue me.......lol

artie

Hi Artie, I'm sos osrry that you are going through anxiety like this and it must really be unfortunate for you to be experiencing this but I think that you should be okay if you go on something like antidepressants or something like that. Has your doctor prescribed you that? The other thing I would recommend--and please understand I'm not implying anything when I say this--is try some therapy as well, because taking an antidepressant plus therapy can be VERY effective against panic attacks. Do you think you can try that? Congrats to you for quitting though. It's such a hard thing to do, as you know!

Artie, as a smoker for over 32 years and quit it last year, i feel you. Be strong and hang in tough, you will get it through. Good luck!

TA

oh my god artie same thing with me. Im on Paxil and Ativan now but i quit smoking after 25 years smoked a pack and half a day. im going through the same thing panic attacks avoiding places agoraphobia im getting better but it's a struggle. Wow hope your doing fine now. Im trying to get better

Arti;
You need to have a drink of booze.
I replaced the smokes with hard liquor.
Come on I know what you are feeling.
Titsandgolf

Thanks for sharing!!!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

It takes time to change your mind set and understand that others have and are going through the same thing, some worse than others but keep strong and keep it up DO NOT START again...

I wouldn't want to go through that again, ever..! i have been stopped 7 months i'm feeling so poorly its unreal, im overweight now and feel very low alot of the time BUT persist with changing my mind set. It gets easier and easier over time and i keep coming back to these forums to keep motivated it helps me, im not alone and it will get better :-) x

I quit smoking in June of 2011 and I am still suffering from sever shortness of breath. At first it was so unbearable that I would go to the hospital everday to the emergency ward scared straight.  . I had gotten all of my tests done from the doctor's and examinations and thankfully nothing was found wrong with me.

After a while, I spoke with a healer, I was educated that I was going through a "healing" process which required a lot of cleansing of the system due to so many different chemicals being drained from my body internally through my organs. Smoking puts so many differenty harmful chemicals inside one's system and they stay in one's system for so long that one does not even know how much they are poisoning themselves. It takes a long time after quitting smoking for these chemicals to be released from your body inside out by detoxing and it is very difficult to deal with. It is literally suffering, it's almost unbearable.

It is also hazardous to one's health if these chemicals stay within one's body since they are not supposed to be inside one's body. They are poisonus and should not be taken internally. Allowing these chemicals to release or detox from one's body is so painful however it is a natural healing process that one who has smoked or done any sort of drug for a long period of time has to go through in order to bring one's system back to it's normal processes. It's very difficult and can easily cause panick and hyperventilation in someone who is detoxing a lot of "garbage" out of their system. Once it is all out of the system, then the panick attacks and shortness of breath start to stop along with the detox coming to it's full summary.

I smoked since I was 16 years old and now I just turned 33. I have been suffering a harsh detox, " healing " process for almost 2 years now. It can take up to about a year to a little more than 2 years to fully detox the system, depending on how much and how long one has smoked or done any type of addictive substance. In some cases, depending on how fast an individual can heal it can take a less amount of time than what has been mentioned above.  Stay strong and go along with the healing process. It's worth it ! Don't ever go back,only go forward. Just remember once your body is fully healed and cleansed you will feel no more pain and suffering and will live a longer and healthier life.  Don't quit quitting, addictive susbtances are not worth your life.

Love and Peace always,

Healing

People smoke .
Take blackseed oil with honey . It's cure for disease except death
For six months or year ill cure u

I quit 7 months ago, 1 pack/day for about 15 years.. suffer from panic disorder since I quit.. on the 6th month things seems to improve until i recently took up a work project and the panic Attack comes back.. together with SOB, headaches etc.. I don’t know if it is related to the stress from the project.. I realised I can’t handle stress since I quit..

Shining Star
Have you tried breathing exercises? Like pranayama? Or just simply focus on your breathing. Through your nose, very steady and slowly. It will calm your body and mind. Congrats on quitting smoking! The best thing you did for yourself!

Chill out bro I quit 10 months ago everything you described I read so when I quit I was prepared. Everything I read happen and at the time I type this my skin is crawling yes 10 months later.