I have these symptoms during my period. I don’t drink alcohol at all now cause it makes it worse. But it still happens during my period. I’m 45 and I’ve saw a doctor, a psychiatrist and a psychologist. I switched to a gluten and dairy free diet and upped my workout to 3 times a week. This all has helped me but I still get it. They have me Zoloft at first and told me it’s anxiety but that is not it and Zoloft didn’t help. It only made me sleep all the time. No one has a name for it. I’m embarrassed to leave my house for the 7 days on my period. I do go out and I end up talking a lot , very repetitive and I feel embalanced. I appear angry and aggressive and sometimes I say a lot of inappropriate stuff that I normally would not say. I wish someone new what it was cause I seriously want the help. If anyone finds out, please let me know!

I am going through the same thing with my husband. He is fine until 4 or 5 pm. Then he acts like an angry, aggravated drunk. He stopped drinking because he would black out and not remember calling me names and being very nasty. I need help here. This just started out of the blue 3 days ago. My 4 yr keeps saying "i want my old daddy back" and "i don't want mean daddy to come home." Idk what to do. Please help! I am beyond desperate right now. Actually sitting in a parking lot with my son because my husband is being so nasty. One min he wants my help because he feels like he is going crazy and the next min i am a miserable b***h that caused him to be this way. PLEASE HELP!!! ASAP

My husband os going through this. Any idea what it is?

My 41 yo Wife has the same symptoms. Late afternoon she often turns "drunk" but I really do not believe she has been drinking. Starts with her trying to clear her throat repeatedly, then she slurs badly, takes long pauses while talking, cant find her words, becomes very irritable, aggressive, and irrational. She thinks everyone who tries to help her is against her. She does not seem to be able to focus her eyes on me while talking. Her behavior is extremely Bazaar. She becomes unstable physically as well. Sleep usually cures it until the next evening. She does not remember or know how she acts. She is home alone with our child when I am away and it makes me very uncomfortable.
This used to happen once a month, then once a week, now it is nearly every day. Has been going on for about 5 years now. Often after a workout (after work), the switch flips. Later in the week it happens more frequently. It is becoming more rare for her not to have symptoms. She also is a bad sleeper, and often wakes up during the night due to coughing/snoring. Someone mentioned restless leg syndrome, which I suspect she has as well. My family and I are trying to deal with it but it is difficult on us.

My husband having same problem We check his blood everything came out normal. Someone says he probably having MS “Multiple Sclerosis” He will have MRI on his brain soon.

This thread is a godsend! I've been going through this exact same thing with my wife on and off for about ten years now (acts drunk; slurs words, denies anything is wrong, irrational, repeats herself endlessly, forgets a conversation of two minutes ago, loses about 50 IQ points, gets annoyed that I think that she's impaired, and has a total loss of balance [which is the scariest part of all this, as she is 63 years old]). All of this almost always occurs in the evening, and is almost always over by the next day.

To ameliorate the most serious issue -- her lack of balance [and her abject refusal to notify me in order to escort (i.e., hold up) her from her bed to the bathroom] -- I have installed a bed alarm to warn me when she is getting up, a video baby monitor to check on her movements, a bedside guard rail, and a panic alarm for her to press (when she is actually rational enough to push it for assistance in walking).

I have just now also taken her normal evening BP, sugar and keton levels, and have just ordered a breathalyzer (just in case I'm in denial -- which I doubt). So, when her next attack hits again, I will compare numbers, and can hopefully come to some sort of a vague conclusion.

If I find the answer I'll certainly post it here, but if I don't I'll probably be just too damn depressed to bother!

-Cotter

Not sure if anyone is aware, but there is a disease called "Auto-brewery syndrome", in which the body itself produces alcohol on its own, causing drunkenness and the symptoms listed above. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-brewery_syndrome]