To get off cymbalta,have your dr prescribe you Prozac 20 mg for two weeks. You will not have any withdraw symptoms of brain zaps and everything else. I am back on it now because it is the only medication that makes me feel normal, even though I successfully got off. My doctor added Wellbutrin 300xl to reverse the side effect of weight gain. That has worked. But it also took away my addiction to smoking and alchool. They both work on different parts of the brain, so rather than going off ask your dr if you can try this first. Wellbutrin helps remove the addiction tendency you have naturally or thorough drugs like cymbalta.

I'm on 120 Cymbalta daily. Have been for a couple years. Like others, I'd have a beer or glass of wine nightly, but never excessive. Never "drunk". Now I start drinking at 6:00 and continue until I'm very hammered. I don't remember much before I finally go to bed. I've also gained 20lbs and cannot lose it, no matter how much I exercise or diet. Finally, I too am tired all the time. I feel good for the most part (no brain fog), but now have little energy to do things like I use to. I nap daily, sometimes morning naps. I never used to do that. Seeing my Dr next week to discuss these issues and possibly discontinuation.

Hi guest. How did you feel when you are not on Cymbalta? Depressed or foggy?

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who posted here, I am having the same exact problem. It is absolutely related and I can't thank you enough for writing your stories. I have begun drinking a lot more than normal and blacked out not remembering anything almost every other time I drink. This is scary for me and I'm not sure how to control it and still take cymbalta.

I can't have even one beer feel depressed next day on cymbals

The link doesn't work. Did you do it?
I'm up to 18 beers a day with no buzz. I can't seem to quit either drug. Can't quit drinking, can't quit cymbalta because of the withdrawals. My weight has skyrocketed since I started taking it, probably because of the dramatic increase in drinking.

Me too. 120mg daily. I never black out though. I hardly feel anything. I keep going though. I wish I could see a doctor, but I have no money. I'm living off of old refills. Don't know what I'm going to do.

Yes !
Totally me, I never drank before just birthday Christmas type thing now I'm drinking every night since after Christmas I just didn't really stop or notice till today reading this

OH MY GOSH !!! I could have written this EXACT SAME POST !! I'm going through the same thing with my spouse.....yep, 21 years of marriage and I pay the mortgage, cellphone, paid for our cars, all groceries, vacations.......he pays the electric and water bill. It has GOT to be the medication !!
My son was so scared the other night, that he convinced me that we needed to LEAVE AND NOT COME BACK. I cannot believe others are experiencing the same thing !

Yes,I have a son who has increased his drinking after taking Cymbalta for pain control.I believe this serious side effects need to be reported to FDA or to the appropriate organizations.
Very worry about our son.

I started with celexa and welbutrin then my doc switched to cymbalta. I was on that for about 5 yrs. The come down after cymbalta is brutal so I asked to go back thinking it would be fine. That was a week ago, I have been a total penis to my wife and ass to my kids. This has never happened before. I also want to die and generally feel like sh*t. Not sure what I will do now but be careful with these drugs. Be sure and talk with your doc and be honest. Hope this helps.

My husband has bee on cymbalta for about about 3 years - he has changed so much I don't know why I stay with him - he is so mean to me - he has no friends anymore- all he does is drink - and lie - I even caught him having oral sex in our pool - he said he doesn't really remember it or know why he did it - do you think cymbalta and 2 days of drinking would cause him to do that?

The reason for the terrible hangover is dehydration. I find while on Cymbalta I'm drinking tons of water. When you drink, you become dehydrated and when on Cymbalta or any antidepressant, you make that worse. They say not to drink on any antidepressant. Either drink more water while consuming alcohol or don't drink at all. The Cymbalta is not cause you to consume more amounts of alcohol either. You can only make that choice.

I recently started Cymbalta and have never had alcohol issues. However since starting this medicine (only 30mg a day) I have had a compulsive desire to drink. I recognize that this is not my norm and have tried my best to control it because of the pain management benefits I have obtained through the use of this medicine. I can't imagine how a person with normal substance abuse issues would deal with this. I am afraid to mention it to my doctor for fear she would take me off it. Keeping it in check for now, but as a person who suffers with compulsive behavior issues already I am concerned. Any advice appreciated.

Thank you,

Lee

I am taking Cymbalta for pain management not for depression. Although being in constant pain was making me depressed. I just didn't want to continue opiates even though I wasn't having an addiction issue I wanted to avoid the possibility.