hi i am 17 years old and from 6 months i felt a lump in my veins of my left testicle after searching i understood its varicocele i didnt go to the doctor but i think now its getting worse my left testicle has shrunk ( it became half of my right testicle ) and i started to have dull aches and sensation of heat from my left part of scrotum i really dont know what to do i am afraid of the surgery because i read it may have problems after doing it or varciocele may develop again ( plus in my country doctors are really not good ) now my questions is is there any other solution apart from the surgery ?? and if i did the surgery will my left testicle come back normal ( increase in size again ? ) ? and what if i postponed this surgery ? Please i need trusted answers from personal experience or good knowledge

Hi Someone,

At this point, especially if you have noticed your testicle shrinking, you likely need surgery.  See a urologist - NOW.

You're not doing yourself any favors in waiting.

The variocele also can have a negative effect on your fertility.

Get it treated.  You have all the sign/symptoms.

Good luck.

ok thanks i will do that but after the surgery my testicle will become normal in size again ?

It should return to normal size.

I don't know how much one can trust on-line opinions. I'd be wary of looking for answers or diagnoses over the Internet without seeking medical advice from a physical exam first. Even if the doctors are "really not good," it's best to look for someone who specialises in urology, so that he or she may assess what you have. See a GP, get a scrotal ultrasound, and then see about getting referred to a urologist.

You're correct about being wary of surgery, esp. if there are no experts in your area, city, or country. I think most surgeons are very careful in suggesting this approach for such a sensitive area. However, postponing to see a doctor for 6 months and trying to diagnose this over the Internet seems to have made it worse. Now you have something akin to testicular atrophy, which may or may not go back to normal size.