She was to be going on birth control on her next cycle. Last month she quit taking methotrexate, which she was taking for arthritis. My wife just found out she was pregnant, slightly worried. Called arthritis place and they didnt say much but to take folic acid supplements.

Is the baby at high risk of defects. Everywhere i read says to wait atleast 3 months to get pregnant.

Hi there,

I realise your post was from 2007, but i have just found myself in a very similar position, only i had been off methotrexate for 2 months. and am now pregnant. If you are able to share any advice on your experience i would greatly appreciate it. I am finding it very difficult to find out any information online.
Many thanks and hoping things worked out very well for you and your wife.
-cath.

hi there im pregnant but im worried as my partner is still taking methotrexate and people have said it causes defects im verry worried as im 7 weeks and i want this baby x x

I know this post is old but I'm in the same situation. I stopped taking methotrexate in November for my lupus. After two full menstrual cycles, I think I am pregnant. I'm just wondering if anyone can share their pregnancy experience after this situation?

Hi
im in the same position also. I stopped taking my methetrexate in November.....and now ive just done an early pregnancy test which is positive. have either of you been to the doctors yet? how is your prgenancies going so far? im extremely worried about everything you read with birth deffects also.

I'm sorry I can't help you with your question. It turned out that I wasn't pregnant (I'm the one that posted my question right before yours). I did, however, find a post of someone that said she got pregnant when she was on a 2-month break from Methotrexate and had a very healthy baby. Hope this helps a little and I wish you the best. Also, if you could, please let us know how your pregnancy is going? There are going to be others in the same situation and as of now, there's hardly any information out there as to the outcomes.

Thank you so much for getting back to me. your post is the most positive i have read yet! I am very early stages yet but its good to hear that someone has went on to have a healthy baby. I will keep updated on how things are going. Thanks again for your reply.x

Just thought id give a wee update. I seen my consultant at the rheumotology department this week. told her im pregnant and only stopped my tablets at tail end of last year. She seems to think that everything will be fine. She has had other patients who have fell pregnant while still taking the tablets and they have had healthy babies. She also had a patient who didn't know she was pregnant until she was 5 months gone and she was taking a collaberation of medicines along with methetrexate but again her baby was fine. She did say its not an ideal situation but theres still a great chance of the baby being healthy. Obviosuly I wont know f0or sure until further down the line but having a medical expert tell me there is a good chance of the baby being healthy has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. So hopefully anyone else in the same position will read this and hopefully it helps some of there concerns.

Thank you for post it has provided some mental relief

I'm in a similar situation. I am 5 weeks and stopped methotrexate tablets a little over a month prior to finding out I was pregnant... Rheumatologist simply says "I wish you would have waited"...not sure what's the likelihood of healthy baby or deformities....any info helps...

How did things go? Healthy baby?