I got an email in my inbox this morning that promised to help me "lose a stone in a week free". I'm not one to like spam (well, who does like spam?) but the email did make me think. Is it at all possible to lose a whole stone in a week? If you believe you can do this, then the next question is whether you think this is healthy?

A whole stone? I am not sure that even liposuction does this for you. There are simply limits to the human body, and if you read up, you will conclude that weight loss should be a long term project, and absolutely not something that you should attempt to do in one week. What do you think about this yourself?

Coming from Europe, I have to admit that I am not even sure that I know what a stone is, but I think that it is around five kilos? I am sure that it would be totally doable, but I doubt it is a healthy attitude towards losing weight and I don't think I would want to lose weight like that, if I had any need to lose weight :-).