Part of me hates those Google Ads I see every time I go online. Ever since I looked at some weight loss websites, because I have got some weight to lose, Google has been stalking me with ads to "lose half a stone in a week". Have you seen these ads? I haven't clicked on any weight loss ads yet, because I am sure they are all scams. But it did make me think. I would love to lose half a stone in a week. Is that at all possible?

Losing half a stone in just one week is something that is very hard to do. I am not saying that it is not possible, because it is possible to lose half a stone in a week. But that will be one heck of a miserable week! Besides, many people forget that losing huge amounts of weight in short amounts of time usually has one very unpleasant side effect. This side effect is rapid weight gain right after you have done so much work to lose half a stone in a week! Who wants that?