Recently i have been trying to lose weight during, i just realized that my menses are coming. Do you think i am able to lose weight if i exercise vigorously during my menses time and if i do how many pounds can i lose?

Menstruation has anything to do with loosing weight. You need to eat less and exercise regularly throughout the month to lose weight.

I don't understand this link with menstruation and losing weight. Can you tell me more about what you had in mind and what you heard?

There is a somewhat significant link between menstruation and losing weight, in that it is difficult to maintain weight loss during your period because your hormones are out of whack and your body craves extra calories, usually in the form of fatty foods, cheese, chocolate, etc. Also, the last thing I want to do during this week of hell is to be active and exercise.

I completely agree and am currently getting really annoyed, i follow the weight watchers diet and do swimming three times a week plus i work on my feet and yet the week before my period is due i can but at least half a stone on (and for those that say it is impossible it ain't).

i have been losing about 2-3lbs a week, but then when it comes to my period i put about half a stone back on and by time i've lost this weight again my period is due therefore i am constantly back where i have started. I have stopped taking the pill over 12 months ago to see if this was causing the problem but it still continues and have even consulted my doctor about it but they were the least helpful people all they did was gave me a leaflet telling me what to eat and what not to eat (a joke considering they urge people to be of a healthy weight)

but how can u stop the sugar when u want to lose weight

Brother,
During menstruation, women experience extreme pain.
Not all of them have this pain, but some of them do.
Even if their periods is painless, strain during this time can cause exertion and excessive bleeding.
It can also cause future problems in the uterus which may be fatal or lead to major problems.