Hi I am 18 now I'm curious what kind of masturbation method is mine. . .I will outline now I discovered this masturbation style when I was 5 or 6 years old and I used to masturbate while lying face down and I'm utterly doing it with a flaccid penis,I know about prone masturbation and I guess prone masturbators usually they rubbed their penis against a pillow or bed, which is that particular thing was soft. But mine is a quite different I'm not rubbing my penis against any kind of smooth object, but I gently/slowly pushed my flaccid penis against a hard things like on the floor or sofa without a foam and when I finally reach orgasm my sperm didn't came out because it is being blocked as just like what I said I gently pushed my penis on a the floor as something I tuck it up thats why the sperm didn't fully ejaculate. And there's the other thing if I pull-up my penis from being pushed/tucked the orgasm will immediately stop and my sperm will come out in short my sperm will only comeout when I stop the orgasm if you get what I mean. I think I am alone in this kind of situation please let me know what kind of masturbation is this? is it harmful or not? and if it is the damage is just temporary or forever? By the way I don't have problem getting an erection and I experience too morning wood. I am just aware why I dont do the normal way of masturbation. It is considered Prone?

hey Kevin,

It's kind of hard to invision your method of masturbation.... if you are lying on your stomach when mastrubating it is considered prone masturbation.    have you tried to masturbate by other methods such as gripping your penis and sliding up and down your shaft?     you should not do anything which holds in your semen as it can cause great backpressure and increase your risk of developing retrograde ejaculation where your semen ejaculates into your bladder instead of out the end of your penis....

thank you for your response. . .by the way last month I practiced already masturbating by stroking, first attempt to it I can hold an erection for long and I hardly being erect because I dont feel any sensation or pleasure with I start stroking almost 30-40 minutes without orgasm same in the second day, but finally on the third day I reach orgasm being erect,but the flow of my erection is like up and down flow just like"going flaccid and then will erect again" and did it in a conventional way until now I can masturbate now both techniques. ..but I have a question I'm thinking of it as a problem, it is normal that during masturbation/ejaculation I can only get an erection by fantasazing, reading erotic, watching pornographics, and looking pictures thats the way I get an erection while masturbating and reach orgasm in 10-15 minutes, but when I stroking my flaccid penis and think off nothing or seeing pictures it takes time to get an erection like 5-15 minutes. . .it is normal or I have something what they called erectile dysfunction?what I mean is I need visual stimulation in order to get hard during masturbation. . .is other guys out there also did what I'm doing to get an erection? and I'm so relieve now that I can masturbate in an conventional way I'm sorry I didn't mention it earlier. . ..but I am afraid and aware if my masturbating style in my past have had contribute damage to my sexual function permanent? or just temporary?let me know your advice . . .

Hey again. So the main issue with masturbating prone is that the pressure exerted and angle of the penis are not usually replacable by vaginal intercourse. so if someone desensitized their penis too much they may only be able to get pleasure/orgasm from prone masturbation. The good news is that you are still able to masturbate traditionally so I do not think you caused too much damage to you penis.

as for your ability to get an erection. you are quite normal. most guys have to have some form of visual or audio stimulation to get erect. however, some people can get erections without it.