hi i have leg twitching too its so annoying when ever i sit down away it goes does anyone have and tips for handling it?

I am 13 and these twitches has been going on for a week now and it is REALLY getting on my nerves. I have been looking for something to take for it and nothing has come up. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi my name is Kim and I suffer from many disorders, one being muscle and leg jerks. In 1998 I was thrown off of a bourse which messed up my back and I had to have surgery with fusions and bars. Later I got osteoarthritis-necrosis (or AVN. for short) well after having hip replacements the leg jerks started, doctors couldn't explain it and said it wasnt happening and I have had 4 other replacements since than and still have the jerks only now I get them in my arms and I even get them in my back and stomach, in fact they are so bad in my tummy it feels like I have a baby kicking, it will actually bring be off the bed. It doesn't have a special time when it happens but most of the time it's when I try to relax and the only pain med that stops it is cortisone which my insurance will not pay for until I move to the Vancouver-Portland area and that won't be til the first week of July when I can tag my truck and get my ASK. I also have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, pre diabetics, PTSD Bipolar, myoclonic heart valve problem, chronic COPD Bronchitis, chronic pain, I've had my right shoulder replaced and they has to go in and do it again. So far I have had over 24 surgeries and still need more.

I'm starting to think there's not a lot wrong with me but some of what I have is rolled into one but I haven't found a Dr too great it all, I also have 2types of seizure disorder, including sleep apnea..

Can someone tell me where I need to go or what type of testing to ask for? Thank you for your time

Kim

It is more than likely PLMD (Periodic Limb Movement Disorder.) I have it, and am on medication for it, which does not always work.

i think this is a symptom for brain tumor

It could be a pinched nerve somewhere in your spinal cord. Try to go to a neurologist and have your spine checked out. A chiropractor can give you temporary relief from the twitching. I hope all of you get your twitching problems solved. I said a prayer for all here.

Hi, I don’t know what to do! My leg is twitching and jerking without a cause. I can’t control these movements, and it makes me very irritable. It happens every time I sit down, so I stand most of the time. If anybody knows something about muscle twitching, please tell me what could be the...

Everyone you know twitches ever 3 -4 mins... all night long, to the point where i can't sleep... some of them are soo scary i basically jump 6 inches in the air on my bed its so bad.. so Idk where your from , you said everyone does it.. but I don't know anyones arms that are twitching and jerking me, It feels like a bolt of lighting or electricity is shocks me .. some scare me because 2 more will happen back to back, after the whole body jump.. I don't know what a sieszure or convulsions are but Idk what to do to make it stop. I am taking Suboxone ,, which is a opiad blocker, I mean, it could be that.. but I just can't stoping taking suboxone, its a narcotic and I get very very sick. But this sh*t is getting very old very quick. it's only been aoubt 2 weeks now horribly, but i've been on suboxone for over 2 months, and as well as all my other list of meds... Hit me up if now i'm telling, I"m um... pretty sure it ain't normal lol.

It may also be the cause of RLS, or restless limb syndrome, or PLMD, or periodic limb movement disorder. In your case, it is probably RLS because the jerking happens day and night, and you probably have a tingly, pins or needles, or creepy crawlies sensation before you jerk. It is the caused by irritated nerves. We don't exactly know what causes the irritation. I have PLMD (correct me if I am wrong) which cause me to jerk at night. Usually patients with PLMD don't realize it, their bed partners do. But I do get awakened. And as a middle schooler, it causes me too get fragmented sleep causing fatigue. It also causes me to very rarely, do a really hard jerk. Causing me to fall, or hit an object. Hoped this helped! #InfoNazi

I also have muscle jerks that happen when I'm awake or going to sleep and it's very frustrating! I have restless leg syndrome , polymyositis and primary lateral sclerosis and my neurologist has hinted at the chance that I have ms since my bowels and bladder are involved also! I already take a lot of requip and somas for cramps and restless leg but still have the jerking! I'm going to talk to dr and see what else can be taken for this! Is anyone else taking something that helps it?

Lack of either calcium or iron can lead to this (I think it was the amount of iron in your bloodflow so maybe try taking one of those supplements.

i am twitching and jerking mostly at night.

me too twitching and jerking at night.

I got help by totally avoiding food additives. You will find this out in one day if you skip eating anything with additives, artificial colours, MSG, if it is those that cause you jerkin.

Hi, did you have the symptoms while lying down only, or all the time? I get these mostly when I lie down.