I have a problem similar to what you guys are saying. I'm in 9th grade right now and my butt seems to get damp in the crack and it's emberrassing because it makes a gross smell. When I'm in class and I get up it feels like it's wet. I don't know why. I take showers everyday, I do laundry every week, i stay in shape, i play sports and it still happens. I never had this problem before. I never smelled before and now all of a sudden I do. It stresses me alot. On the bus its bad to because it smells worse when I sit on those seats. I've tried alot of things to make it stop like deodorant, toilet paper, things like that. None of them has worked. Can someone please help me.

Hey i have a similar problem but i dont think anybody else can sense it its only you who thinks about it too much..sure you  keep on being tidy but dont think about it too much:-) 

Hey man I'm a junior in high school and I have the exact same problem and I'm looking for answers as well and my friends tell me the same that its just in my head and others don't notice but its weird because I can smell it

first you should always shave your butt and your thing, and take a shower once at least everyday and use baby powder after shower. (NOTE: don't use deodorant, perfume, or similar things)

I had this same problem at this same time in my life that you guys are experiencing now. It started my 8th grade year and continued through 9th grade. I'm 20 now. I feel your stress and anguish over the issue. But do know that most, if not all, of the time you are the only one noticing it. And if someone else smells something they will likely think its themself. But to get to the point!! The logical reason I can think of why this happens is likely do to puberty. Everyone says the issue develops 7th-10th grade ... what else is happening during this time? You guys are going through puberty.. lots of different hormones/ chemicals going through your body. A lot of weird stuff can happen. Like the complete random popping of boners.. a pen drops on the floor and 5 seconds later your hard. In conclusion .. its just a stage. It will pass. most of your peers in school are going through the same thing. But one suggestion .. I noticed, with me, that wearing gym shorts seemed to make it worse/ more noticeable. Try and be aware of what your wearing and how it effects it. GoodLuck!!! Don't let anyone else bring you Down! You won't see 90% of these people after graduation. (;

I am 66 and mine as been smelling and damp feeling since I was 20.  I have tried everything but take my word for it and don't shave it, you will be sorry.  I can sleep in a bedroom overnight and if someone comes in the next morning they will comment of the nasty smell and I know it is my butt crack.  I clean myself every day but have found the only thing that works for me is to mask it with a non-alcohol type after shave and use wet wipes after a BM.  Sorry but we're stuck with this curse.

Hi guys of had the same problem too since I was 12 I'm 38. 

I have some good news though and I hope it helps any and all of you out please make sure to try this and let me know if it helps.

first make sure you use the soap with antibacterial properties that's very important that it says antibacterial you can buy them for pretty cheap in any soap eisle

Second I put a little bit of baby powder on a washcloth folded together and head out the powder just like at a barbershop and then use it on my rear and just underneath there

third make sure you keep track of your diet we need a lot of bad processed foods here in America try some better food and definitely water I'm guilty of not drinking enough water but I think it helps regulate your body temperature and a lots of other good things you can Google that though

Leslie I know this sounds a little odd but I've been for the last two weeks clenching my rear and anus really tight specifically my anus not my rear muscles and I notice it seems like that it's tightened up you have to remember to do this is often an long as you can and after a while I start getting tired I'm just trying to remember to starting a good habit

Wash anus after using the loo and then wipe dry. Detox once a week using epsom salt

shower helps with the smell, i think

Try washing the area with tea tree oil shampoo. Kills the odor, and cuts the oily junk that makes the smell. Good luck!

Hi mate, I also suffer from stinking crack syndrome. It's an unknown phenomenon. Once my friend who enjoys arty things put his finger down my crack and sniffed it. The poor c**t nearly passed out. Anyway the solution to your problem is talcum powder.

Hello, I'm in 10th grade now, i have been having this "buttt-smell" since i was grade 8th. I tried everything, from soap, papers.... nothing worked. After a hot day, my butt starts to stink alot. I walked through classmates and i feared they would smell it, because when i sit down i smelt the c**p smell coming from my as****e. Also it leaves a dark yellow line in my underwear. :( Im afraid of going near people in a hot day

Its called swass or Sweaty Ass. Everyon deals with it. Wash your bum every day, and if it gets bad, and you notice it, everyone around you notices it too.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have tje same and i dont want my girlfriend to smell it 

What a silly thing to say