My father is now in hospital. His kidney stopped working suddenly. He is on machine now. Please, tell what the chance for his recovery is. He is 61 years old. My mom died 3 years ago, he is all I got.

I am sorry to hear this, but if it is any consolation kidney function may quickly return to normal if the cause of acute renal failure is diagnosed and corrected within a few days, or it may last for more than a month. Chances of recovery depend on many factors. How severe the failure was and how long it lasted, how quickly the problem was found and treated, and what other medical conditions he has…. About 50%f of people who develop acute renal failure recover.

I am sorry to hear your news. Please allow me to tell you that kidney failure is treatable. I lost mine at 22, ended up on a machine, did dialysis, and today am celebrating my 5 year anniversary for my kidney transplant. good luck!! Keep faith.