There is something I find very interesting about cyclists. Namely, I have always been wondering why they shave their legs. I must say I like when I see a guy who takes care about his body and those shaven legs do look quite attractive to me. But I doubt they do it in order to be more appealing and attractive. What do you think?

As far as I know, swimmers also tend to shave all their body hairs, including the hair itself. I know that they do it in order to be faster, because according to a certain research body hairs create a resistance and thus lessen the speed. Thats also the reason why they wear a specially designed suits made of shark skin. I believe that cyclists have the same reasons - achieving a better performance and speed. Besides, body hairs are not so sanitary and they keep sweat and dust along the way, so in my opinion its better to shave legs. Another reason can be a possible infection of a scratch or cut. Its much easier to treat skin damages when there are no hairs in the area.

That is interesting, isn't it? Cyclists have the practice of shaving body hair because it makes them more aerodynamic at the most competitive level. Cycling clothes fit more snugly, and bare legs don't have hair, which can slow them down a bit. 

Shaving legs really isn't necessary for cyclists at a recreational level, it's just for pros. But of course, guys also shave their body hair, whether it's the legs, armpits, or pubes, just out of personal preference. They may think it looks better or they make think it feels cleaner. Whatever floats your boat, no? It looks weird to me when I see a guy like that though.

It is vanity. I started shaving my legs about five years ago. At first, it was to prevent infection if I crashed, or to facilitate the application of sun block or other ointments. But frankly, vanity prevailed. I like how the shaved legs feel, my girlfriend likes how they look, I have caught other women staring at them, and it keeps the other cyclists from pointing and laughing.

The main reason for shaving legs is to make it easier and less painful to massage in oils pre ride to help prevent cramp

Very interesting question because i often ask myself about it. Now i know the answer : )