Hi you guys, I'm posting to try and answer questions for newcomers on suboxone. I have detoxed from pain killer more times than I can't count and from suboxone twice. When I first got on Sub to kick pain killers I took 8mg a day for 3 months I did not tapper at all thinking there was no kick, boy was I wrong. For me it was a 6 week kick, day 7 was the peak of the horror and it got slowly and I do mean slowly better from that day forward till about week 6 when it finally left my system. Most doctors do not now anything about this drug so be very careful following there advice. The only people that are qualified to give advice about this drug are people that have used it themselves and have experienced it's positive and negative affects. The best way to use suboxone is to use it for 6 or 7 days at most while you are having withdrawl pains from the opiates that you are trying to quit then get off and stay off. This is not a long term drug like so many uneducated doctors think. It will be far worse and 5 times as long of a kick than any pain killer. It can be a wonder drug if you use only during the intense withdrawl symptoms of opiates but not after. I would recommend no more than 7 to 8, 8mg pills before getting off. You should taper down on the last 2 days if you do that you should not have any major symptoms. Obviously if you've been on sub for a very long period a slow taper or and I am not recommending this but if you started talking pain killer a few times a day that would kill the sub withdrawl and after a few weeks on regular pain killers the withdrawl would be that of normal pain killer withdrawl and not suboxone withdrawl which is far worse. If you think getting back on the pain killers will cause you to stay on them than don't do it but if you are not a bad addict than this is a less painful alternitive.

Agreed with everything said here, with first hand experience.

Agree with everything you say, and then some. I have been taking Suboxone since it hit the US Market. I have tried to quit it cold turkey and the pain and sickness was ten times what I experienced during opiate withdrawal. The longest I ever made it was 5 days and I caved and went back to the doc. Now we are tapering slowly...

The worst thing about this drug is that it has rattled my brain.... I can no longer remember anything, my attention span is out of whack, and I am convinced that the meds have alot to do with it.

All that said, Suboxone saved my life. I would do it all over again, if it were my only choice..... But there are other choices to be made... if you are on Sub now, get off as soon as you can!

thats actually what im doing now to get off subs. seems to be working so far. fingers crossed!