Ok, for the past three-four years I have had SEVERE cases of orchitis and epididmytis they would be on and off some being very severe. I was put on Levaquin for the 10 days, then upped to the 750mg pill for 10 more, be cured and back to normal and then it would flare up worse then before. I've seen my family doctor who sent me to a specialist who treated me for 2 years did ultra sounds, 4 of them, three of them showed the infection, the fourth revealed a cyst a few millimeters in size. I was in so much pain, to the point where I would grab my balls and just curl up in pain, I blacked out one time from the pain. I was on bactrim for 6 months after that it was still bad and I was sent to a university specialist...9 hours of pure hell riding in the car to his office, waited in the room for an hour, all the jerk said was come back next week for an ultrasound, I was furious that I drove that far for him to jerk me around. Anyway, the first specialist has stopped treating me cause he thinks I was after pain pills...I'm not.

I guess what I'm looking for is why is this so painful? why does it make my testicles swell to a golf ball or baseball size? cause EXTREME pain? and where should I go from here?

the testicles are wrapped in nerve cells making them very sensitive. when your testicles get infected or inflamed, the increase in bloodflow, fluid/pus build up puts pressure on the nerves causing horrible pain. not sure where to go from here. i'll keep a lookout and inform you if i find anything. perhaps you should try talking to your doctor and maby you could get the cyst removed. is there a specific organism that causes these reoccuring infections and have you ever had an STD? chlymidia and gonnorrhea both can cause orchitis/epididymitis.

no, no std's/sti's been tested for all of them...even though I had sex one time when I was 18 and I had protection...I'm now 22, 23 in may. I asked about removing it but he said hes worried about effecting having a child.