Hey, I'm trying to get healthy so can anyone advise me some healthy snacks I can eat between meals? thanks!

Hi Guest,

Last week Monday I started adding the "Mean Green Juice" from the show Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead with Joe Crosse.  I have this first thing in the morning which gives you great energy actually I also include one in the afternoon and in the evening instead of snacks.  I actually cut out breakfast completely and have a very small lunch and eat supper.  I have lost already 3 - 4 pounds doing this.

It is 4 kale, collard greens, beet greens or dandelion leaves(a bunch), 1 gala or granny smith apple, 4 celery stalks, half a cucumber, half a lemon and run it through a juicer.  It's actually delicious and I am quite fussy, even my husband thought I wouldn't be able to do it, and I can.  Love it and the fact I am losing weight.

Hope this helps

Between meals snacking is a good habit. Fruits considered as the good snacking food. Fruits are more helpful in losing weight.

wow! 3-4 pounds just by the juice or with exercise? thanks so much I will definitely try that.

have you got any tips on working out? I'm struggling with back pain at the moment because last august I hurt my back from over doing it with aerobics and now my lower back is in constant pain. for example i'll stretch my left foot backwards and i'll feel the pain in my RIGHT lower back? any ideas on whats wrong with me? thanks!

LOL, I have not been exercising at all as I am at home healing from a foot surgery that is requiring non weight-bearing. I couldn't imagine how much weight would be lost if exercise was included. It's the fact that I have cut my caloric intake down.

Swimming is always a good exercise as there is no impact on any joints! Plus you get the added benefit of the hot tub and steam room to shed extra water weight. Wish I could.

Also, remember that too much fruit digests into sugar which in the long run adds extra fat storage to your body. Hope this helps