i was just wondering if it was normal to hardly have any fears last week i almost got hit by a car it didnt scare me at all . im not scared of dying only leaving people behind . as a kid i had no fear like i use to run out in front of cars and undr fair ground rides whilst on !!!! . is this normal im 13 btw x

It's normal at your age, you think you are invincible, it's the hormones.  It'll change one day.

i hope soo . i always been like it though and it frightens my mum . at the moment i seem to isolate myself alot i dont want to relie on getting confidence from others . so im trying to relie on myself for alot more now . ive always been the person who never gets scared by danger . which people envy but i want to be aware of dangers . and more tips ?? xx

Don't isolate yourself too much as then you become wary of others and untrusting. This can lead to a phobia all in itself, you are on the right track to becoming more confident in yourself so you can rely on yourself. Start small though, you will get discouraged if you start too big. Not sure what you are working on, maybe message back with some of those and I can see if I can help further.

Other than that you are on the right road with your mom knowing and in the loop is important as she will ALWAYS be your biggest support system to go to. When you are old enough you will gain a new independence as well, don't rush things too much - your mom still wants you, not a ghost of your former self.

i do trust and i do spent TONS of time with friends but ive accidently pushed my less important friends away . ive got a busy life with all my extra circulam activites . so i kinda forgot about them for a while . i accidently push them away . i iscolate myself . on weekends . when friends wanna meet up with me . i find my life style quiet stressful . my mum is a little scared at how easy i push people away by accident or by anger . i get stressed easily but i am a good liar . i dont show how i feel its my way of protectinv myself . i guess i need a way to vent my emotions . i got a diary and a bff that i tell everything . im fairly active . any ways i could vent my emotions ?? x

You can always vent with me, sometimes it takes me awhile to read my email but right now I am home recovering from surgery so while at home I am answering questions here.

also the fear thing in the past and the precene if somebody was or were getting beaten up i would step in and maybe take a few hits to help the person . ive got in lots of fights before without a second thought . i talk to strangers which all my friends seem incapable to do and envy that i can . i very confident which most of my year arnt . im like 1 in a million . i put others before myself alot . is that good or bad ?? . im different from alot of people but in a good or bad way i dunno . any ways to solve these problems . be more self aware of the concequence . one day i think i will stick up for someone and it will backfire . and i would probs end up in hospital . lol . x

thanks . what surgery and may i ask how old r u .

38
major bunion repair on left foot - 9 weeks in already with lots more to go
no problems - I answer honestly and only if I know something in that area - no guesses

You know something? You are wise beyond your years. You are a lot like me - stick up for people and I get myself into more trouble than they were in before. In some ways I am confident and other ways I lack confidence - ex: I always put myself down, I'm not fat but I always think that I am and need to cover myself up also in no way anorexic as I love food and not fat just healthy but would love to look like a model (but wouldn't everyone?) besides other areas too. I teach self confidence to preschoolers (I'm a support worker for children with special needs) and others and it has been a tremendous tool for me and bringing my self esteem up. I like the diary you keep and make sure you keep your friend - I lost a good girl friend (was like a bad break up) and have found it hard to make girl friends after, I always find it easier to befriend guys as they are not as nasty as women - we are an awful species when we women want to be. My best friend is my hubby whom I've been together with over 12 years and married for just over 5 and a daughter who is 2.5, yes we waited a long time for our family and get married. Which is OK. Point is - be yourself always, you just need to be careful so that someone doesn't perceive you as naive and try to take advantage of you. Be on the alert always! You are a good girl with a smart head on your shoulders - be proud and stand tall.

sounds like u have a great life dont put ur self down what the point really . just tone up thats what im doing . i find losing a best friend is worst than a bad boyfriend . but to be honest i never went out with a boy that i really wanted i no that sounds bad . lol . i fancyed a friend at the time and tryed to show of . which didnt work he got put of by how confident i was . lol . i think girls are b***hs when they wanna be u juat gotta find the right ones . ive got a tight grip on my bff . shes going no where . i always have a backup plan . guys are alright to relie on but at this age they kinda get annoying and the mindless idiots always try to set me up . so i tend to stick to girls only as friends tho . lol. i get in trouble but for being the good guy (girl) . i think i can scare people of with my confidence im not pushy . but very out there if u get what i mean . ?? .

Thanks a bunch, I am getting a lot better especially when you have support like I do.

Confidence is sexy. Sexy scares people. At the age of 13 you are intimidating to teens who want to be more like you. You are doing fine and will have a great life. Like I said, confidence at your age is rare - make smart choices!

thats great to hear . dont let people knock ur confidrnce . ur a really nice person . u would be able to easily make friends if u wanted to . confidence is very useful and sexy at times . i can scare people off but i am very open and caring . a few months back my confidence got knocked :-( .its hard to deal with i no but its can be over . come . sexy is what we all aim for .

You know, it may take people awhile to get to know you as it may be hard to break that barrier to get in, but once your in it's hard to break your friendship (am I correct?).  You sound like a loyal friend with honesty, another rarity for someone your age.  You just sound so much like me it's scary and crazy. Go girl! I do believe that every female strives to achieve sexiness in all we do, doesn't matter if you are fat or a tomboy every female wants this. Remember, sexiness is also in the eye of the beholder.

yes ur correct . im only loyal if i trust 100% . i am said to be mature and loyal . i hate liars . if ur like me then ur cool . lol . im not fat im normall weight and do alot of running and dance . im tryimg to tone up . i would probably say i only trust about 4-5 people 100% . i have alot of friends but dont trust them that much . i can be very secretive . im not one to show how i feel in public . i guess that comes down to our judging society .
or is that just me ???