hello i was just wondering does DHS get involved when you are on methadome? i wanted ot be taken off it when i found out i fell preg but they told me it is safer for the baby to stay on it as i would have had a chance of loosing the baby an im lucky to have even fallen preg as i have polycystic overies.... its not just that that is worrying me its the fact there are people trying to say that im shooting up whilst im preg and taking other drugs an drinking, i went to the doctors an requested ot have random drug screens done, they are all coming up that im clean ( i already knew that was the case) if they ring DHS what will happen because i have all this proof and im doing everything i possibly can to stay healthy an do everything right but its getting hard not to stress an its making me feel so sick havin trouble eating an sleeping..... i just want to know does anyone know what will happen?? i understand they have to investigate but will they take my baby away from me i couldnt handle it i love this child with all my heart someone help please i also rang dhs an asked them an they said that if they got a phone call they have to investigate and i understand that i can show them the results but what if they believe the others saying all these lies???

Hi Kitty strange that your letter was the first I read when going online today. My nephew was born 8-8-11 addicted to Methodone my niece had used without a written prescription--she had been on Methodone but was taken off when she became pregnant, so she was buying it on the street. DHS now has the baby and he has been placed in foster care. My niece will have to begin a process after the probable cause hearing, to get custody of him.

First she will be ordered to rehab or the jail. She has to be able to pass a drug test weekly, get a job a number of other things to prove herself capable of taking care of this child. So if you are using without a legal prescription QUIT---for the sake of your child. Hope this has been helpful.

Good luck

Marsha Long wrote:

kitty11 wrote:

Good luck

hello thankyou no im not using anything without a perscription i wouldnt ever do that, i wanted to get off it when i found out i was havin a bub but the doctor told me it was way too risky because i would most certainly loose the child an i didnt want that happening as im lucky to be havin a baby at all i have random drug screens that i have requested myself to prove im doing everything right an im quite happy if they ask me to do them for them i have nothing to hide an have always been honest about my past but i was off everything well before i fell pregnat. also doin antinatel classes aswell and trying to find other things to better myself for when bubs is here.